The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do you like Guitars Canada?
(Add a bit about what you're into if you feel inclined )

For me I was in the "show off your craftsmanship ..." thread and was thinking : man I love this place.
In that thread the skill is stunning me.

I like GC because:

The general respect and good manners is commendable (and moderately maintained / expected from each other)

Great and safe place to do deals.

And an easy way to make friends / network.

I also like that we're all into different stuff.

I've personally met probably 20+ members since I joined in DEC 2006. I rejoined and removed the word Canada from the end of my handle in 2007.

I hope to meet more of you.

Just a FYI about Sambonee
I'm into cheap quality guitars mostly from Japan or sometimes Korea
Loving the hand wound pickups (Klein, motor city, Onamac, Tone Dripper) - hand made v-picks, moratto amps, @Pierrafeux need to buy and sell as many guitars as possible in his lifetime !!!! (Va'l bon vent, va'l jolie vent, m'ami!!! )
Sam Bonee was my band in Spain. Played 400+ shows in a 4 year period. Did 25,000kms total.
I now play seldomly in public. It's a stipulation in my contract with GQ Magazine.

Performed throughout my life as: Rockin' with Moroccan, The hurley Jam, Hurley Alarm, Hurley Girls (with my three daughters) and Bitta Shyne (from uni. Days).
These days lots of improv free form music.

As my sig. states, I have 400+ different pieces up on sound cloud.

Blabla. Enough already!!

At the piano. My first instrument.

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
It's fun
I learn some stuff
I get to interact with other guitar players
Get to see some cool gear & hear some different songs--including ones that member wrote &/or performed
People who may differ a lot it most ways but who get the guitar & gear thing. (How many guitars do you need?--answer--one more)

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
This is a wonderful place. I'm constantly learning new things, and finding new inspiration here. It's a very inclusive place as well; there's no disdain towards other members for what or how they play. It's a safe place to buy and ship expensive items, and mostly everyone is more interested in helping other members than making a massive profit on each sale.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I have learned a lot here and am grateful for that.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Why GC?I like it here.
You lot inspire me to do better.
The group is not pretentious, there's everyone from Squier Affinity's to real '58 LP's.
I have grown in knowledge of gear & playing standards.
Met some great Calgarian chapter & hopefully meet more.
This group is …interesting.
I'm interested in your stories!
I like to go on tour with Budda, I like to see pedalboard evolutions & it's also nice to feel, welcomed.

Thanks gang.

Sent from my other brain.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Who's got the real 58? Now that's cool.
Come on Sam..... I KNOW you have at least 3 in the rafters of the barn......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: zontar and Lola

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I like it here because its Canadian. Met a few great people from the forum. Its not quite as strict around here as with other guitar forums. Maybe because for the most part people can behave them selves quite well here. I like that its very lightly moderated.
I Don't remember the last time someone was banned here.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Not going to paraphrase Shakespeare or anything (how do I love thee let me count the ways) however CGF has become part of my daily routine.

I'm close to an intermediate level player so I learn about technique and builds and technical stuff...which I still need to do much more of.
I relive old and find new musical directions and potential inspiration from the videos that are posted.
It helps me keep up on news and information both musical and nonmusical.
It keeps my laundry up dated when I drool over the postings in the for sale forums.
The posts always give me the opportunity for the chuckle of the day. Lord knows we all need that! More spilled coffee on clothing from someone's well placed punchline.

My area of growth is to get out and meet some of the familiar posting members and maybe learn some things from them. I not great at putting myself out there, feelings of playing inadequacies and all, but with retirement pending I'm hoping to put those aside and devote a chunk of time to this stringed obsession.

·
Premium Member
10,935 Posts
Open and frank conversations about all kinds of things that aren't tolerated on forums from The Excited States, and without the rampant anti-healthcare/pro-gun nonsense. We're very tolerant of each others weirdnesses and foibles, and we can individually take a smackdown. Sometimes we can vent and not be judged, and sometimes we can judge and not be piled on.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Because everyone accepts as I am, quirks and all. (despite my insane and sometimes over the top love of AC/DC!) lmao

I feel so comfortable here! It's like coming home. Like a worn shoe that you slide your foot into and experience instant gratification!

I have learned so much from a lot of people here. You are helping to shape the guitar player that I am and truly want to be! A special shout out of thx to Cheezy, Laristotle, Bigboki, Lemmy Hangslong and Budda! I have asked so many questions! You've all been so kind and very patient with my inquires. I am extremely grateful.

I have been exposed to all sorts of new experiences. Riff Wrath being one of the highlights of meeting some of you.

As a woman I am not held at bay on the fringes of this forum but feel included and a part of everything!

When this damsel is in distress you all rally around me to make things right! Chivalry is clearly not dead.

Being in the company of like minded people! Yes, I am obsessed but you understand my obsession and I am not judged or labelled because of it.

The amount of happiness and sheer joy that this place provides me with is beyond measure. There are no words.

This forum has exceeded my expectations! Gentlemen, big heartfelt hugs and kisses to each and everyone of you!

Priceless memories made and in the making.

Sambonee this is one of the best threads ever! Just a really great subject to talk about! Insightful. Thank you!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Loving the hand wound pickups (Klein, motor city, Onamac, Tone Dripper) - hand made v-picks, moratto amps, @Pierrafeux need to buy and sell as many guitars as possible in his lifetime !!!! (Va'l bon vent, va'l jolie vent, m'ami!!! )
I am retired and want to try has many guitars that I can and this forum is a great place to do so and.........it's Canadian, best of both world......%h(*&

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
I like it because 95% of the time I can get help when I need it. I have met a bunch of very nice people, and I hope to meet a few more.

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am retired and want to try has many guitars that I can and this forum is a great place to do so and.........it's Canadian, best of both world......%h(*&
I wanna retire just like you have. And you've got great taste in guitars!!!

Joyeuses Pâques.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I like Guitars Canada because ......
it is my primary social network,
a place to ask and to learn,
a place to offer help and to receive it,
a place to make a joke and laugh at what others have posted,
a place to drool over gear that is being sold and to hope that someone buys what I am trying to sell,
a place to tease (mainly GTmaker, laristotle and davetcan) and to be teased,
a place to share the the fun and excitement of a NEW _____ DAY and to share my own new gear purchases,
a place to be supported and to support when times are rough,
a place to look forward to enjoying while having my morning coffee,
a place to experience and admire the guitar playing and music in general of other members,
a place to....I forget what I was going to type

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
I like it here first because it's Canadian. People here are trustworthy. I've done probably over 50 deals in here and I have never had any issues. I've also met quite a number of members here and everyone has been friendly. Its one of the best forums on the web.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts