The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 suicide attempts, numerous tries to get mental help and medication switches, I have returned. What's new?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
:eek: uh... nm...

welcome back.:food-smiley-004:

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
SinCron said:
After 4 suicide attempts, numerous tries to get mental help and medication switches, I have returned. What's new?
Good God son... whenever you get like that, pick up a guitar. On a serious note. Hope you are doing well and we are all here to chat with, if it can be of any help.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey SinCron; Depression is a nasty place to be, been there, and it ain't no picnic. I wish I could offer some advise that you could use. Canadian is right though, for me anyway, music was always helpful.

I could blab on and on about it but I think it is suffice to say that it is you that has the power to pull yourself out of it, and it takes many tries and a lot of work and new 'skills'. I'm not saying 'snap out of it', that used to piss me off so bad when people would say that, like WTF do they know? Mental health pros have it in their best interest to 'manage' your condition, (profit), rather than cure you. (Same goes for the rest of the health-care industry BTW) And I'll never do anti-deps again as long as I live.

By all means, if you want to chat, send me a pm, I'll do whatever I can to help. My story is likely different and it was quite a while before I could say to myself, "Yeah, I can do this and I'm gonna kick-butt".

Take care and be good to yourself
Michelle

·
Registered
737 Posts
Oops! Sorry GuitarsCanada, thinking of someone on another forum called 'Canadian'. Close though.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...i went through a serious depression a few years ago.

one day i got the urge to rearrange my house. once i got going, i couldn't stop and, before i knew it, the bedroom had become the studio, and vice versa.

i gradually realized that the depression had disappeared. my girlfriend said it was because i had regained a sense of control over my life.

i'm not sure this would work for anyone else, but its cheaper than therapy!

-dh

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
actually i used to be depressed too. i was one of those genius kids, who didn't know anything, but thought I did because of straight A's. Needless to say I didn't have many friends, but then i changed school for gr7 and that all changed.

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
SinCron said:
Rock on SinCron,

I think depression is MUCH more prevalent than we realize, largely because too few people have the courage to do as you have done, step forward and say, I have a problem. There's a stigma attached to it.

You have my admiration and best wishes. Just know you're not alone.

I can't advise you. I can only wish you well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts