The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My theory is that the root of all evil isnt money. I think it's the LOVE of money thats the root of all evil.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
319 Posts
You're right

Thats exactly right! "Money is the root of all evil" is a misquote but originates from the bible. I'm not sure where but it mentions "the love of money" is the root of evil. I used to have a book of famous misquotes.....and this one "you dirty rat". attributed to James Cagney... never used this phrase ever....................anyway.
Money by itself is not evil..............neither is any other inanimate thing or object or whatever. Until man gets ahold of it.
Geez.....I hope I didnt kill this thread....Lol

·
Registered
635 Posts
GC, it really isn't money that does it anymore than gravel on a road does it. It's a piece of paper. Shadowriffer is right- it's a lust for money that's the problem. There's a reason it's one of the seven deadly sins.

And then lust for money is just a gateway deadly sin that can lead to you collecting all seven! :banana:

Really though, money isn't the problem. It's people. They do lots of bad things that don't even involve money. And they do lots of good things with money. I bet a lot more good stuff is done with money than bad.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yup

nine said:
Well, if you really want to get down to it, people are the root of all evil. Heh. :tongue:
Thats true....and although I sound like quite the cynic in some of my postings,
I too generally believe that there are more do gooders than evil ones.
A perfect example is Bill Gates and his Philanthropy..........Rockefeller. There are a few others.
Geldof knows the positive side of music and money

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think you have to take a look at the character of these people. Bill Gates can't be put into the same category as some of these people involved in the Anna Nicole thing. Plus when you have the kind of money Bill Gates has you can do a lot more with it. He and his wife are pretty good people really. People that have no money will sometimes do some pretty nasty things to get it. I guess money can be the enabler, like you say.

·
Registered
635 Posts
rippinglickfest said:
I too generally believe that there are more do gooders than evil ones.
A perfect example is Bill Gates and his Philanthropy..........Rockefeller. There are a few others.
Yeah, for sure. There are definitely more good people in the world than bad. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to get to work everyday without getting mugged. Or sucked into a riot.

I think it's in our nature to shun chaos in order to survive in the world.

Oh yeah- and there are a lot more than a "few others". Many people that give a lot of money choose not to be publically recognized for it. And then when you include donations given by non-rich people like you or I.......well, there's a lot of money given or spent to help others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts