The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

I hate Buses. All of them.

1K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Wardo 
#1 ·
But we need them.

I want to petition to get them to NOT stop at railroad tracks.

Why do they stop? Because of an accident that happened in 1938 during a blizzard. Nowadays, my son gets a snow day if they suspect an f'n dusting LATER IN THE DAY. There's no way this shit's gonna happen again. And, if it does, I'll take responsibility for all the injuries (of children with grades at B- and above, since the other children probably won't amount to much).

I think this stopping creates problems on 4 lane roads as people try to get out from behind the buses.

I will also be petitioning posts that depict old people yelling at clouds or yelling about their lawns in a first world country.

1. Adcandour
2. Klon Solo
3. Drago Balboa

#4 ·
How about the new law saying you cannot turn until a pedestrian has CLEARED the roadway, 4 lanes or not.

I get that there's many incidents involving pedestrians and vehicles turning at intersections. But they should abolish pedestrians. Can't afford a car? Don't go out.

Kidding aside, I've seen too many dickhead drivers and unfortunate incidents, but the ENTIRE roadway??
What's wrong with the clearing to the centreline?

#11 ·
How about the new law saying you cannot turn until a pedestrian has CLEARED the roadway, 4 lanes or not.

I get that there's many incidents involving pedestrians and vehicles turning at intersections. But they should abolish pedestrians. Can't afford a car? Don't go out.

Kidding aside, I've seen too many dickhead drivers and unfortunate incidents, but the ENTIRE roadway??
I'm not sure where you live, but here you're lucky if people wait for the centre line, never mind the whole thing. Cars creep in on you while you're right in the crosswalk. People drive like they are the only ones who matter and their time is worth more than your life.

#5 ·
After a CN train essentially shaved off the front of a commuter bus and killed 6 people in the process a few years ago, we in the Ottawa region are pleased when any bus makes a point of stopping at railroad tracks. Even after the inquest, we're still not entirely sure why the driver didn't.

#8 ·
This was kinda interestign:

In late fall of 2013, the City of Ottawa hired the consultant firm MMM Group to study whether or not the OC Transpo buses should be required to stop at all rail crossings as is done in many other regions in Canada.[14] The results of the MMM group study were released on April 9, 2014, and suggested that requiring buses to stop at railway crossings actually increases collisions between buses and trains by 17 percent, prompting OC Transpo not to change their policy on the matter.[15]

WTF?

#16 ·

Is that for intersection crosswalks too?

I thought it was just for the ones that aren’t at intersections.

#18 ·
If there are no road barriers, then I think buses, especially school buses should stop but if there are barriers that come down with flashing lights on them, I can't see why buses should be required to stop when there is obviously nothing coming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.