The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited Nashville a few years ago. I did buy and expensive pair of cowboy boots. Beautiful handmade leather, etc. I did wear them back over the border. I didn't realize there was supposed to be massive tariffs on them. I didn't scuff them up and when I wore them on stage they didn't sound old. Hmmm.

·
Premium Member
10,040 Posts
I’m guessing this is a trump comment?

I thought what he said was funny, because it was kind of true....
I always used to see packages, shoe boxes etc in the parking lot garbages at the outlet malls on the other side of the border from ppl wearing new clothes home. I did it myself as well.
I’ve known ppl to drive across and get new tires and drive back without declaring them, not to mention food, and booze.

As I’ve said many times, he’s a jackass, but he’s kind of right. Canadians do get fucked over at the stores. I’m sure there’s lots of examples with music gear as well.

P

·
0 Posts
Amazon.ca prices can be way higher than the same item on Amazon.com after conversion and shipping. I always check and it is usually this way.

·
Premium Member
12,209 Posts
I’m guessing this is a trump comment?

I thought what he said was funny, because it was kind of true....
I always used to see packages, shoe boxes etc in the parking lot garbages at the outlet malls on the other side of the border from ppl wearing new clothes home. I did it myself as well.
I’ve known ppl to drive across and get new tires and drive back without declaring them, not to mention food, and booze.

As I’ve said many times, he’s a jackass, but he’s kind of right. Canadians do get fucked over at the stores. I’m sure there’s lots of examples with music gear as well.
Yea, that's been a thing for, like, forever. We've become so accustomed to being the victim we just bend over and take it. Same with the eastern dairy cartel raping us daily. Some of what Trump says isn't wrong - sadly the way he says it just about always is (or makes it seem so, from our POV).

Reactions: Diablo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts