The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Cool guitar.

Seems like he was copying Jerry Louis' shtick with the facial expressions.

Notice how he hold the pick? I have seen a few top players hold like that.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Cool guitar.

Seems like he was copying Jerry Louis' shtick with the facial expressions.

Notice how he hold the pick? I have seen a few top players hold like that.
In those days you had to be kind of a freak show to get invited back. Good player but runnin the shtick.

Pick position - he’s not doing it but I find the bluegrass curl your index and clamp down with your thumb puts too much tension into your hand and arm unless you like playing from your elbow.

Years ago before the innernets I read something from Towneshend saying that he grips lightly and the pick floats between his thumb and tip of his index but it should also be noted that he wrote a song about his uncle Earnie.

P

·
0 Posts
In those days you had to be kind of a freak show to get invited back. Good player but runnin the shtick.

Pick position - he’s not doing it but I find the bluegrass curl your index and clamp down with your thumb puts too much tension into your hand and arm unless you like playing from your elbow.

Years ago before the innernets I read something from Towneshend saying that he grips lightly and the pick floats between his thumb and tip of his index but it should also be noted that he wrote a song about his uncle Earnie.
I think most people hold the pick something like this:

I couldn't find a good picture, but he holds his pick like this, but then bends his wrist all the way when he plays:

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
I think most people hold the pick something like this:

I couldn't find a good picture, but he holds his pick like this, but then bends his wrist all the way when he plays:

Yeah, not too often you see that second picture position extended forward like that but I’ve noticed it before with some players and thought it kind strange as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts