The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going to add pictures to that other thread I started about the Godin LG... but I decided that my new guitar deserved its own thread.

It's a Godin LG, a special edition L&M 50th anniversary... quilted lightburst, mahogany body and neck. Pickups are SD custom jazz in neck and SD custom custom in bridge. I paid C$599 + tax... around C$720 in all including an upgrade to a hardshell case. I guess I was wrong about it being $545... the normal Godin LG's were I think around C$500-550... oh well (I guess my head decided that the quilt top and SD pickups were worth the fifty bucks... lol).

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Nice guitar!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
congrats, thats a sexy guitar.:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
93 Posts
i must have one

·
Registered
698 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt..........

I love quilt tops. I wish they're put a top like that on the LG Signature...

·
Premium Member
16,681 Posts
Nice indeed.

Does this model have the Piezo bridge?

That's something I'm interested in acquiring at some point.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm loving it so far... It's really light (comparatively) and not neck heavy at all... very comfortable to play standing (although I'm going to replace the strap buttons... they're so small I'm afraid of the guitar parting ways with the strap). I love the neck... it has an unfinished feel. I like the custom custom in the bridge position... not so sure on the custom jazz in the neck yet. The 5 way switch is cool... lol.

The only thing about it being such a nice guitar is that I'm a little scared when strumming... scratches just won't look good on a flame top. I also occasionally (when I get excited...) hit the pickups & pickup mounting rings (generally speaking, I hit everything in the way) when I'm strumming... am I the only one who does that? lol.

Milkman,
It doesn't have a piezo bridge. I have tried a couple of the ones with the piezo bridge... I liked how they played too, but it just wasn't something I felt that I needed that this point.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Dont worry about get scratches or dings on it. Its a guitar, not a piece of furniture..............

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Only one way to never get a scratch on it... but that means you can never play it. It's a great looking guitar but sooner or later... you know the routine. But hey, once that one is all scratched up you can buy a new one. it's a never ending process. :rockon:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^ I realize that. I know I bought it to play not to decorate my room. It's just the way I am. Once I get the first scratch on it though, I'll stop caring.

I'm a girl. What can I say? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
You can relic your own guitar by actually playing it. That or giving it a shotgun blast to its face..............

·
Registered
698 Posts
jane said:
although I'm going to replace the strap buttons... they're so small I'm afraid of the guitar parting ways with the strap
A lot of the Godins (maybe all?) have Schaller Strap-lock buttons. That's probably why they seem small. They're awsome if you have the hardware on your strap.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What kinda hardware do I need on my strap? lol... Got a link to what I could get?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts