The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,892 Posts
I always wondered (I have no tats), could they not administer a local anesthetic in the area that they're working on?
They will provide numbing cream for a fee. Ive used it once - the area hurt so much more than after any other tattoo. Ive never bothered with it since.

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
When I was 17, my best friend's brother-in-law acquired a tattoo gun, ink, stencils, and several possibly used needles. My best friend, without ANY prior experience proceeded to give himself a tattoo. Yes, did a tattoo on himself without any experience. Yes it looked like a blob.

He offered to do one for me, but I politely declined. I've never had a tattoo.

·
Premium Member
10,915 Posts
ive been saying to myself that I may get one if I ever thought I could think of something that I would enjoy for the rest of my life. Ive never come up with anything...i get in and out of things.
I respect the artistry, just not sure about being a permanent canvas for it.

But I swear when I go to the beach or pool now Im in the minority of ppl who dont have some ink.
its funny how something "counterculture" became so mainstream.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Fun fact: tattooed people sometimes care less what they get as more ink is applied.
I am just the opposite. I found this tattoo 5 yrs ago and I never stopped loving it. It was meant to be.

This tattoo didn’t really even hurt. The artist was amazing. He’s in a band and once I found that out I couldn’t stop talking. I asked him if he minded we carried on our convo while he was tattooing. No probs. One of the best days ever since this COVID CRAP started. I have the tattoo wrapped right now. When it’s healed I will show you ppl. He even put a tiny ACDC lightening bolt in their signature red right in the middle of the design. It’s so cool. I love it. I am so happy that I waited for such a long time to see if this tattoo was right for me and it certainly was. This day rocks. I have to go to work but I can hardly wait to get home and play all night and all day Friday. I feel like I am 5 Christmas morning. Sheer excitement.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
ive been saying to myself that I may get one if I ever thought I could think of something that I would enjoy for the rest of my life. Ive never come up with anything...i get in and out of things.
I respect the artistry, just not sure about being a permanent canvas for it.

But I swear when I go to the beach or pool now Im in the minority of ppl who dont have some ink.
its funny how something "counterculture" became so mainstream.
Good on you for waiting till your 100% sure even if it never happens.

I got a whole pile of tattoos from friends aspiring to be tattoo artists when I was in Jr. High- HS in the 90’s.

it’s been a bitch and super expensive to cover up and I’m still working on it. If I could go back and kick 15 year old me’s ass I would with furious anger.

·
Premium Member
17,892 Posts
Good on you for waiting till your 100% sure even if it never happens.

I got a whole pile of tattoos from friends aspiring to be tattoo artists when I was in Jr. High- HS in the 90’s.

it’s been a bitch and super expensive to cover up and I’m still working on it. If I could go back and kick 15 year old me’s ass I would with furious anger.
Just get a sweet cover tattoo lol.

Im hoping to get another this year but we'll see.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have one tattoo and would eventually like to get more. I prefer the American traditional style and there are a few great artists here in Ontario

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
I just took off the dressing that had been applied after I got my tattoo. It really is exquisite. The attention to the details are spot on. It’s got a little tiny red lightening bolt right in the middle with a black key line. If you know your music then you know who it is. Just very subtle. I love it. It’s me.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Yes I just got one yesterday and I am thinking of another one. And EVH one. Don’t know what I am after yet. He had a major influence on me. He has always been held in my highest regard. Any ideas?
I want it visible but not blatant in your face.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts