The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
...both my daughters have tattoos, as do many of my friends.

i have no problem with people getting them, although i question the long-term wisdom of such a permanent "scar".

for myself, however, i would never knowingly date a woman who has a tattoo.

that, however, is nothing more or less than personal preference.

-dh
I would never knowingly date a woman without a tattoo, but I have made exhaustive studies to determine whether or not they had one (kidding of course).

Long term wisdom? Scar?

LOL, well I suppose it depends on what you have applied and where you have it applied.

I have five and regret NONE of them. Each has significance, either of a heritage nature or relating to a fundamental part of who I am.

It's only a matter of time before I commission number six.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I don't have one. my daughter wanted one at 17. I pleaded please wait until you are 21. I know poor argument.....she knew I have always talked about getting one myself. We finally made a deal...she would get one when I got one. I never did and I honestly don't know if she has. If so it isn't in a visable location....of course she is 33 now
I think tatoos should be a personal choice rather than a fad. and they can have a negative effect (not my personal opinion) when applying for a job. It is surprising the number of individuals who want a job in public service with spiked multicolour hair, tongue rings, nose rings, outrageous tatoos (any and all) who never get past the initial interview.
I may eventually get one but in my area there has been 2 recent, unrelated media scares about possible HIV & hepatitus, with people having to go and get checked. don't recall the media doing a follow up tho.
cheers
RIFF

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I think tatoos should be a personal choice rather than a fad.

...i think you nailed it. it HAS become a fad, and i firmly believe the VAST majority of folks get them for precisly that reason.

if i was an entrepreneur, i would investigate the latest tattoo removal methods and technologies, set up a tattoo removal speciality shop, and watch my retirement fund accumulate..

i live next door to a parlour, and i also suspect that a lot of folks, especially girls, get them just for something to do.

i also suspect that i am not the only male who will not date a woman with tattoos...

-dh

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
i also suspect that i am not the only male who will not date a woman with tattoos...

-dh
You know, I can't for the life of me understand why you would post something like that on a thread where people are simply displaying their tat's. Seems kind of insulting to Marnicious.

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
...have you heard of tattoo remorse?

it is usually subceded by a tattoo scar.......:smile:

-dh
I have indeed.

When you get a girlfriend or even your wife's name tatooed on your body you're taking a big risk.

When you have something applied that is fundamental to you as a person there is a much smaller risk that you'll regret it later.

Also location is a major factor. My personal rule of thumb is that any location that cannot be covered with a conventional long sleeve shirt is off limits.

I can easily switch from the heavy metal rock god you all love to the shirt and tie businessman and do so regularly.

Another common reason for tattoo regret is the quality (or lack thereof) of the work.

If you're in a rush and don't take time to make sure the artist is up to snuff it's your own fault if it turns out like the one in Paul's post.

Mine are quite good in my opinion and again, I regret none of them.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
You know, I can't for the life of me understand why you would post something like that on a thread where people are simply displaying their tat's. Seems kind of insulting to Marnicious.
...i'm not sure i follow you. its strictly a personal preference.

as well, although i feel sorry for people who get tattoos because they are currently a fad, i would not judge those who have them otherwise.

and i somehow doubt that marnicious is disapointed that i'm not interested in dating her...:smile:

on the on the other hand, you may be correct in that i have no business expressing negative opinions on a thread that is simply about tattoo aficiandos displaying and discussing their shared pleasure.

if that is the case, i sincerely apologize to all concerned.

-dh

·
Premium Member
17,678 Posts
Isn't that what a mullet is for? Business up front, party out back?

I agree with the visibility issues. Subtlety is a useful tool. I do catch myself trying to read the words in an ass cap when the hot chick bends over to pick a bottle of jam from the lowest shelf at Zehrs. Is it rude to stare?
LOL, I think the Hockey haircut is the worst of both worlds.

A tattoo on your face, neck or hands is just not something that makes sense to me.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
david henman;77539 and i somehow doubt that marnicious is disapointed that i'm not interested in dating her...:smile: on the on the other hand said:
You're probably right, but you got Class dh!

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Help. I am getting a tattoo on my calf tomorrow. Pain factor? Was getting it on my ankle but I heard the pain is incredible. It has to be as it’s right on the bone.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Shouldn't be a big deal if it's the calf. Also depends on how long it will take to get it done. Take some pain killer, it won't take out the pain itself but it helps. Take some CBD. ;) Ankle, elbow are the worst ones.

·
Premium Member
17,892 Posts
Help. I am getting a tattoo on my calf tomorrow. Pain factor? Was getting it on my ankle but I heard the pain is incredible. It has to be as it’s right on the bone.
You get to lie down, so enjoy lying down lol.

·
Premium Member
17,892 Posts
I almost got something like that for my first tattoo.

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Shouldn't be a big deal if it's the calf. Also depends on how long it will take to get it done. Take some pain killer, it won't take out the pain itself but it helps. Take some CBD. ;) Ankle, elbow are the worst ones.
Got it planned. Lol CBD first followed with some Tylenol extra strength.

·
Premium Member
12,394 Posts
Got it planned. Lol CBD first followed with some Tylenol extra strength.
Check with the artist first.
If I'm not mistaken, they will not work on a client that's under the influence in any way.

·
Premium Member
17,892 Posts
Check with the artist first.
If I'm not mistaken, they will not work on a client that's under the influence in any way.
Yep, its a question on the waiver.

Calf is fine - just hang out and relax.

·
Premium Member
12,394 Posts
I always wondered (I have no tats), could they not administer a local anesthetic in the area that they're working on?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts