The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
I’m assuming you’re joking, but this is pretty much my philosophy. I like the sound of old strings. I think some of my guitars are approaching ten years on the strings.
Yes and no..I have an old mexican strat that is my "outdoors" guitar.It spends alot of time at the beach and up the mountain camping.The frets are shot on it so I neglect the strings but not 10 years.They do get pretty rusty and crusty.hahaha
I keep the strings in good shape on my newer Strat.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Funny. Last night as I was practicing and I got a glimpse of underneath the strings. Omg the finger guck. Got out my string conditioner and cleaned them. Haven’t changed them in a couple months. I will wait until 1 breaks. I think it’s going to be the high E once again. I have been insulting that particular string pretty heavily lately.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I've noticed that when I star to have a hard time keeping my guitars in tune, it's often because strings are too old (yes, some might reach a year). I replace them and problem disappears. So yes, I might suggest it to someone has tuning problems and says his strings are old.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've noticed that when I star to have a hard time keeping my guitars in tune, it's often because strings are too old (yes, some might reach a year). I replace them and problem disappears. So yes, I might suggest it to someone has tuning problems and says his strings are old.
Intonation can be an issue with old strings for sure.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
That would be my SG. Can’t remember when I replaced the strings. I have to retune it almost every time I pick it up.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts