The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,106 Posts
85 standard that "I must not sell", 72 Standard with a neck break and no fret life left, Pee Bass (pee as in urine) unknown year and a 63 Junior with a shitty neck reset using gyprock screws that was mailed from you to BC to NB and back to you again.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
85 standard that "I must not sell", 72 Standard with a neck break and no fret life left, Pee Bass (pee as in urine) unknown year and a 63 Junior with a shitty neck reset using gyprock screws that was mailed from you to BC to NB and back to you again.
you forgot to answer 'alcohol' when she said I don't even like the Gibson SG.....So how did this happen????

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...somebody has been paying attention. Except the 72 standard had most of it's original frets left and lots of life. They were all kind of low and wide back then. The bass is not a pee bass but a EB3 which is the most versatile bass ever made once you know how to use them. They can sound like a jazz bass a p bass or a stingray. The trick is having a good amp and keeping the pickup volumes low.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,106 Posts
Well...somebody has been paying attention. Except the 72 standard had most of it's original frets left and lots of life. They were all kind of low and wide back then. The bass is not a pee bass but a EB3 which is the most versatile bass ever made once you know how to use them. They can sound like a jazz bass a p bass or a stingray. The trick is having a good amp and keeping the pickup volumes low.
Cheers
I think if you told someone that guitar had most of its frets and they got this they'd likely be upset....
IMG_1963.JPG

They're pretty flat man, the 5th fret is just about level with the board. No offence man, it's cool that you like vintage gear and all. I mean a lot of people do, I like old amp and pedals. But (and take this as the unsolicited advice it is, ignore or take... I dont care which) you should probably be sober and a little more cautious when purchasing such instruments. You generally seem to pay far more than they're worth, overlooking some pretty glaring issues.... like neck resets and the need for refret.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here you go. I brought it to my luthier today and he says its fine the way it is....he joked:
"Its 2 screws better than a Fender"
Which is pretty much true.
You can't notice with the pickguard on. Nothing ever broke, it just came loose at some point and this is the way it was fixed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Here you go. I brought it to my luthier today and he says its fine the way it is....he joked:
You can't notice with the pickguard on. Nothing ever broke, it just came loose at some point and this is the way it was fixed.
Holy crap....who does that? Definitely could be re-done properly by a good luthier though.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Holy crap....who does that? Definitely could be re-done properly by a good luthier though.
Yikes! I once owned a ‘73 Strat that had an extra screw under the neck plate & some glue for good measure. The best part is that the “bonus screw” was too long so the head had been cut off.

·
Premium Member
11,826 Posts
Yikes! I once owned a ‘73 Strat that had an extra screw under the neck plate & some glue for good measure. The best part is that the “bonus screw” was too long so the head had been cut off.
Wow. That's taking hatred of Fender's transition to 3 bolt necks a little too far, I think. Funny he didn't just drill a hole through the neck plate.

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd love to have that '63 Jr. Good luck with your collection Jim.

W.
Thanks..I had it for sale here for quite a while. But with the neck repair, its lost too much value so I will probably just keep it. Its still a great guitar.
My luthier agreed that the neck probably just came loose. There is no signs at all of any breaks. Its 100% solid so I'm going to leave the screws in. The neck was glued along with the screws so it would be way to much hassle to try and remove the neck again for an unnecessary repair.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts