The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from the US last weekend with my new Fender Elite HSS with the S-1 Switch and the stupidly loud Passing Lane Switch.

This thing is awesome. Super sounds from all 10 pickup positions. And the finish is beautiful even if you appreciate natural woods like I do.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn’t seem to have as much sustain as my other guitars. I may have to try that trick posted awhile ago.

It did need a bit of a setup. The bridge was about a foot off the deck. Action was fine though.

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
Nice colour and I like that pickup configuration too, congrats!

Those have a lot of cool features.
How's the neck profile on that, bigger than a Modern C?

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't really feel any different until you get to the higher frets and then it's just a bit flatter feeling. It has a compound radius which a bit of an improvement for notes up there in my opinion.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
That is a nice looking Strat, very cool. I'm not much on them but I like that one, whats the colour? Candy Tangerine or Copper of some sort? What does the rest of that Tele look like?

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
Do you use the Vibrato bar much. I have read that you can get more sustain if you use five springs and deck the bridge.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you use the Vibrato bar much. I have read that you can get more sustain if you use five springs and deck the bridge.
Yup, I do use it about 10% of the time. I may tighten the claw to lower the plate so it touches the deck like my other Strats.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I decided to see if my instincts were correct. I took 3 sustain measurements from 3 different Stratocasters and averaged out the measurements for each. Here's what I came up with:

MIM: 4.55
Big Apple: 5.15
Elite: 3.88

The Elite's sustain lasts a second and a half less than that of the Big Apple. I knew something wasn't right. Darn.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I'm sure you know this; a Strat is a fussy thing to set up. A LP thing is much more straightforward. My shopmate,Harri, is a master! He has a pre-CBS Strat the he gigs, and he rambled on about the springs, the bridge, the nut, the posts (wind) and the string trees ( band name alert).

Your guitar may have other qualities that shine. Peace.

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure you know this; a Strat is a fussy thing to set up. A LP thing is much more straightforward. My shopmate,Harri, is a master! He has a pre-CBS Strat the he gigs, and he rambled on about the springs, the bridge, the nut, the posts (wind) and the string trees ( band name alert).

Your guitar may have other qualities that shine. Peace.
It does for sure. There’s other things I can do later such as lowering the pickups and moving to a brass block. I’m not overly concerned. It still a fantastic guitar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts