The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was over at a buddy’s place today and walk into his office and he has a Godin box citing on his counter. I get excited and ask if he’s taking up the gitbox. He says “no”, that he is flying to Germany to visit a client and the client asked him to bring the guitar to avoid the CITES shipping hassle. Apparently you can’t ship blood wood or some bullshit. So I give him a brief lesson on ROSEWOOD and the CITES regulations. He gets bored and tunes me out until I finish my lecture and then I ask if I can see the guitar. He says “sure” and opens the box to find a really nice Godin gig bag and then opens the bag to display a beautiful black/tortoiseshell Tele style guitar with a problem. Yup. Maple neck... unsure if German guy ordered the wrong guitar or the guitar was mis-picked. Either way much hassle was about to ensue so like a true friend I split to get lunch:D

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
Translation problems?

·
Registered
458 Posts
hmmm, flying overseas with that box as extra luggage?? Bet it would cost a LOT more for that baggage fee vs. shipping even if the maple neck isn't a CITES issue!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This guy travels a lot. It was probably comped. He’s back this week. I’ll get the deets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts