The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do people think? I love Keith Richard's tone and Rich Robinson from the Black Crowes. I'm looking at those teles with the humbucker in the neck position...I hear many people say that the little neck single coil typically in teles are kind of weak and don't use them. I really want that fat stones/crowes tone, but I also want that tele twang!

What does everybody think?

And, any opinion on new made in Japan fenders?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
In the late '60s I had a '56 Tele with a P-90 in the neck position. It was a monster guitar. A humbucker would have been even better I think.

·
Registered
327 Posts
P90 in the neck is the way to go I think, I've got a duncan PhatCat in my neck position on one of my teles and I'm quite fond of it

·
Registered
526 Posts
I personally love the single coil neck pickup in my tele. i have a lil 59er in the bridge of mine that sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
You could try the 4 way switch mod... in the forth position it puts the neck and bridge in series. Gives you a fat p90 sound and it doesn't cost much to try it. I did and I think it's great.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about my CIJ '72 custom.

Great rhythm tones and the bridge pickup can cut through anything.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I love my tele customs because with the tone and volume pot for each p`up, I can dial in as much or as little of each as I like. Adds a lot of tonal possibilities to the tele.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts