The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Instead of the RFID tag, I will be rockin' an old-school bar code tattoo. Maybe a 2D one if I'm feeling crazy.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Not for me personally but if I were just getting married and starting a family, I might consider putting them in my children, especially if I lived in an area where kidnapping was prevalent.

·
Registered
24,147 Posts
Not for me personally but if I were just getting married and starting a family, I might consider putting them in my children, especially if I lived in an area where kidnapping was prevalent.
Most kidnappings are by family members; or should I say former partners. I would think marrying the right person would be a more effective solution than an RFID.

As for myself, no additional technology required. I'm here. Right now.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
As an IT guy: definately not.

We did chip our cat (RIP), but that was because he was a Houdini when it came to getting out of his collar.

Reactions: Ti-Ron

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
When the time comes that no one can find me, the chances are high that
I don't want to be found.
G.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
mark of the beast, .....secret plan to implant us all,... as was predicted,..

wait a minute, there's something bothering me about this place,... I know! this lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit! enjoy your deathtrap, ladies

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Most kidnappings are by family members; or should I say former partners. I would think marrying the right person would be a more effective solution than an RFID.

As for myself, no additional technology required. I'm here. Right now.
I was thinking more of someone living in Mexico, Iraq, Columbia and other countries where kidnapping is rife.

I've already married the right woman.:)

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would also most certainly not, even though our phones and credit/debit cards are slowly pushing us in that direction.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
laristotle's post earlier in the thread is wise... we're well on our way to being reliably-trackable without the need for RFID implants. Cell phones and use of them and other computers (which are now often related together in the cloud) are a big part of it.

Passports are another; they're now RFID-enabled. In addition to enabling the obvious ability to track movement in much of the world, someone plans (not realized yet AFAIK) to scan our passports as we walk through an airport and use the information to display targeted advertising to us as we walk along.

Those handy "tap" debit cards likely aren't too far removed from a future in which someone can bump up against your leg and take a hundred out of your bank account. Banks say "never happen", but then car manufacturers said nobody could steal cars using RF key technology. (I have an RFID-safe wallet so I won't be one of the first to be victim to this crime.)

Amazon's newly-acquired grocery stores will use RFID. Simply fill your buggy and push it out the door to your car. Systems will not only almost-instantly read and charge you for your purchases but they'll keep a record of everything you bought and use that to learn more about you.

"Smart" fridges, TVs, thermostats, talking computer assistants, etc., etc.... not all strictly RFID but all capable of collecting way too much information about us. Absolutely no need to implant RFID chips... their "benefits" are already being realized by businesses and governments with the full cooperation of their victims.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts