The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried it ? I've read some real good reviews , and I'll probably be shopping for a head along that price in a couple of months . Any known problems ?

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Some Specs

Here is some info on the head. I have not tried one myself yet.

All-tube tone, digital FX, full programmability, and a professional switching system.

The Switchblade 100 100W guitar amp head has four channels that put the full arsenal of classic tones at your fingertips, from spine-tingling clean and crunch to singing lead and crushing, saturated sound. It seamlessly integrates all-tube preamp and power sections with full programmability, digital FX, and a professional switching system that gives you easy access to the 128 preset slots.

The included FSM 432 MIDI footswitch allows instant switching between presets. Onboard digital effects including reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, and tremolo. Also available in a 12", 50W combo and a 2 x 12", 100W combo.

Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100 Guitar Amp Head Features:

100W
2 - 12AX7 preamp tubes, 4 EL34 power tubes
Four channels: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Ultra
Digital reverb, delay, modulation effects
Full programmability with 128 preset slots
FSM 432 MIDI footswitch
Parallel/serial selectable FX loops

Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100 Guitar Amp Head Specifications:

100W
29-1/2"W x 11-1/4"H x 10"D
39 lbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yup, had mine for a week now and I am blown away! The distortion is thick and smooth, really good modern high gain sound, and it gets better as you turn the volume up. We're talking blow your girlfriends clothes off sound.

Highly recommended. The foot switch is AWESOME, such a variety of sounds and not too complicated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've been tossing the idea around of getting one of these too... seems like it would be overly versatile, without being a modeling amp. for some reason, I like that. This would definitely be the thing for a cover band, I would think, as you could most likely dial up a patch for almost any song. Mind you, the down side is that you could spend all day messing with different patches and never come up with something original.
though, from my 20 minute store test, I'd agree with the comment on how it sounds... very nice...

·
Registered
781 Posts
Did anyone else find them excessively noisy? I had a quick run through one today, and found it was very noisy and prone to feedback. The Traynor and Mesas next to it were dead silent.

Great sound, though -- high gain, but definitely more complex sounding than the typical Recto/5150 tones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts