The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,502 Posts
Don't try to tell me " he's in a better place", RIP Hugh.
(Oh, I have the issue from my birth month/year)

"Best mediocre guitarist in Calgary!"

Reactions: SaucyJack

·
Premium Member
25,107 Posts
So the last of the big three is gone: Guccione, Flynt, and now Hefner.

The older sister of one of my high-school classmates was purportedly the first Canadian Playmate (Danielle deVabre). The day the issue hit the stands, she couldn't wait to bring it to school and show the issue. Our French teacher politely requested she put it away.

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the last of the big three is gone: Guccione, Flynt, and now Hefner.

The older sister of one of my high-school classmates was purportedly the first Canadian Playmate (Danielle deVabre). The day the issue hit the stands, she couldn't wait to bring it to school and show the issue. Our French teacher politely requested she put it away.
I think Flynt is still alive.

·
Premium Member
25,107 Posts
Well so he is. I guess I remembered his being shot as being killed, and assumed from the fact that he was depicted in film that he wasn't around anymore to object. Live and learn. So he wins the tontine.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Wow.

I remember when my parents discovered I had some Playboy magazines. They weren't the least concerned, more perplexed that I thought it might be a concern for them. By today's standards the magazine was pretty tame, but at the time it was very...um...forward looking.

In the late '60s there was a cottage on an island off the west shore of the Bruce Peninsula that was set up with emergency supplies for stranded sailors/fishermen, (canned food, bedrolls, firewood, etc) and amongst the reading material were early issues of Playboy. They weren't worth much then but likely would be now.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Sad to see him gone in a way. But he was kind of a snob. He never, ever, even called me once.....and after all the time I spent as a youth holding up his magazine.............with one hand.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
The dad of one of my childhood buddies used to own a record store that went under sometime during our elementary school days so his basement was full of old display cases with all kinds of cassettes and LPs. My buddy and I used to hang out down there from time to time (likely when it was raining out because road hockey sucked in the rain!) and make mixed tapes. Well, one day while looking through one of the display cases I dropped one of the LPs and when I bent over to pick it up I noticed some magazines tucked below the display case. JACKPOT!!! There must have been 50+ Playboy magazines there!!

We didn't play as much road hockey as we used to after that day.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Never gave him much thought but I've been a guitar player all my life so I would have been quite happy to visit the mansion, get drunk, fuck his bunnies and smash his furniture.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts