The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard there are lots of interesting items at killer prices. Im getting up at 7 *it starts at 9 and isnt that far from me* just to make sure I got first grabs at stuff. Hoping to find an old tube amp :D. Anyone ever pick stuff up at things like these?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I never seem to... my friend's found all sorts of stuff at things like this... most of its shite though, but I just find books and baby clothes... lol
Good luck, and tell us what you find:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Also, if the prices are crazy good you should consider buying some then sell for more so you can make a profit... then take all the cash from the profits and buy something you actually want. I do that a lot with pedals, thinking about doing it with a JCM900 that's for sale locally... $650, no tears and only needs the volume pot cleaned.

Let us know what you end up with!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bastards upstairs kept me up. *slits their throats*. Im still gonna wake up at 7 (about 4 hours from now). Im gonna bring about $150 just in case. If I get anything neat that I cant use, I'll sell it or trade it. Wouldnt mind having a D Sonic or a Paf Pro....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I eneded up with a Grease vynal, sopranoes seasons 5 on DVD and two big Altect Lansing speakers rated at 100 watts each. All for $14. I admit, god may not be real but I love the work done in his name today (excluding all terrorist activity).

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts
I eneded up with a Grease vynal, sopranoes seasons 5 on DVD and two big Altect Lansing speakers rated at 100 watts each. All for $14. I admit, god may not be real but I love the work done in his name today (excluding all terrorist activity).
Hey. You're gettin' awfully close to breakin' the cardinal no religion or politics rule there buddy. :smile:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:p. Hehehehe. I *heart* magnets and I know all you do too. Lets all worship them! Pickups, speakers, picrophones, hard drives and more. Magnets have it all.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Chruch sales huh? Do all Churches have a yearly thing like this? Where would you see them advertise it generally?

·
Registered
737 Posts
You can see them advertised on Kijiji or the like, last weekend we were out 'yard-sale-ing' and one vendor asked; "did you get breakfast across the street?"
So we went over to the church, no Altec Lansings or JCM's at the church's yard sale but we got an awesome breakfast for $5. (First time I have been to church in a loooong time) :)
And I did get a deal on two Alpine power amps and EQ for $5 and a set of vintage SoundDynamics 10S speakers for $20 at other yard-sales. I am watching for Traynors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts