The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here for awhile. Came here by way of the gear page.

I'm a 42 year old Senior Graphic Designer, father of two. Born in Chicoutimi, raised in Quebec City and currently residing in Montreal.

Picked up the guitar again a few years back after a long period of neglect. These days I'm putting together a demo for my 12 year old daughter in my Linux based home studio.

Rock on!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hi,

I've just recently started using linux, so I may have to ask for some advice, once I get farther in. Good to have you here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks everyone.

Linux audio has matured a lot. Lots of distros to choose from these days. I'm still using the Fedora based PlanetCCRMA. That's the one I'm used to. VST can be used under Linux but support is generally not included in the open source distros. You basically have to get the developer's library from Steinberg or whatever and compile it in Ardour and such. I don't care much for that stuff, as a matter of fact I still use my old Atari 1040st for sequencing from time to time. I'm more about doing new stuff with my old shit than trying to stay current with every little gizmo and not make music.

I'll post more detail in the Recording section later as my setup is constantly evolving. It's kind of like guerilla recording right now, very experimental too. But we're getting there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts