The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evenin' all, first post to forum. Total beginner playing guitar, buying my first this week. Lookin' forward to utilizing the aid of all of the talent available on this forum. Love all kinds of music, hopefully I'll have the drive and determination to persevere.:wave:

·
Premium Member
17,325 Posts
Welcome to forum.

What are you going to be the proud new owner of this week?

As my guitar teacher once said to me "Never give up"

You have no idea of how many hours of enjoyment you have ahead of you.

Dave

·
Premium Member
17,325 Posts
lookin' at a used, modified, Washburn Semi-Hollow all mahogany body
John
Nice choice!!

That is my favourite "style" of guitar. Is it the model HB 30 or HB 35 ? What has been modified? (new pickups?)

I have an '81 Japanese copy of a 335 by Greco

Please post some pics when you get it.

Which amp are you considering/using with it?

Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
evenin' dave

I believe it is the hb30, I'll let you know after I talk to the seller again. new pickups bridge and neck. As for an amp limited budget aprox $200.00 hoping to find a used tube amp, do you have some recommendations.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome John, If your looking for a tube amp check out the new fender 15w amp. Sorry I can't remember the name of it.

·
Premium Member
17,325 Posts
evenin' dave

I believe it is the hb30, I'll let you know after I talk to the seller again. new pickups bridge and neck. As for an amp limited budget aprox $200.00 hoping to find a used tube amp, do you have some recommendations.
Personally, I would would post "wanted to buy" (WTB) in this forum. You might get lucky and find a nice one. Maybe even locally. However, it will likely be less than 10 watts and with a small speaker. That doesn't mean that it won't meet your needs or that it won't sound great .

Here is a link to a Champ 600 that might interest you:

http://www.guitarscanada.com/Board/showthread.php?t=9631

Good Luck

Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks Greco I added a couple of pics in the show us your gear thread in electric guitar forum

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
evenin' still working on an amp purchase, unfortunately this is an expensive time of year, but checkin the web, harmony, craiglist, musician's friend and here. hope to purchase soon.

·
Premium Member
17,325 Posts
Hey.....CONGRATS brother...very cool

.....I just bought a '70s Traynor YBA-2A tonight. Haven't tried it yet because it is still warming up from a cold trip home in the car.

Post a pic when you get it

ENJOY !!:banana:

Dave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts