The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here....
I just wanted to drop a line and say hello. Besides my job at Celestion, I'm a working player and a certified tone freak! I'm active on a few of the other forums and heard that this was cool place to hang. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Well usually we welcome in the new user forum, but what the hell... welcome to the forum, it is a pretty cool place, still fairly civilized. Hope you enjoy your visits....:wave:

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
hey, Mr. Celestion, great to meet you, welcome!

:food-smiley-004:

sounds like an interesting job....what exactly do you do at Celestion? I thought their offices were in England...I see you're in California?

*edit*

doh....just read your signature....makes sense!!

cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
bolero said:
hey, Mr. Celestion, great to meet you, welcome!

sounds like an interesting job....what exactly do you do at Celestion? I thought their offices were in England...I see you're in California?

*edit*

doh....just read your signature....makes sense!!

cheers

To further clarify, I manage new and existing business for the manufactures west of Nebraska. This includes amp builders (guitar and bass), as well as pro audio, which is a big growth area for us right now. Because I'm close to LA, I tend to work with a lot of artist as well (bringing them onboard as endorsees via our "Partners In Tone" campaign). Although we are known in Canada and work with a number of builders there, we are looking at developing more relationships throughout your country as there are a number of builders doing great work. I'm based out of a home office and travel quite a bit (tonight for instance I'm in Scottsdale AZ). It's a great company to work for...especially for a gear hound like me!:banana:

·
Premium Member
16,683 Posts
Welcome Celestion,

Great to have you here. Naturally many of us use celestions and some of us have for decades.

Hope you enjoy it here.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Hi Rick

Welcome aboard. We did an amp swap a couple years back (my Rocca 50 for your Bad Cat Cub 30). Hope all is well.:wave:

Pete

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Milkman said:
Welcome Celestion,
Great to have you here. Naturally many of us use celestions and some of us have for decades.
Hope you enjoy it here.
...got a vintage 30 in my traynor combo. sweet. just picked up a (made in china) greenback, but don't have an amp/cab for it, yet. also have a celestion vintage 10 in an ancient supro amp, also very sweet.

-dh

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sneaky said:
Hi Rick

Welcome aboard. We did an amp swap a couple years back (my Rocca 50 for your Bad Cat Cub 30). Hope all is well.:wave:

Pete
Hi Again!
I had John Suhr mod that Rocca into a gain machine and it sounded killer! Unfortunately GAS struck again and I ended up trading it for DR.Z. I hope the Cub worked out. If not, I'm sure you found something that did!:rockon:

Cheers,
Rick

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Celestion101 said:
Hi Again!
I had John Suhr mod that Rocca into a gain machine and it sounded killer! Unfortunately GAS struck again and I ended up trading it for DR.Z. I hope the Cub worked out. If not, I'm sure you found something that did!:rockon:

Cheers,
Rick
Yeah. I never really bonded with the Cub, but probably just because I ended up with a VOX AC30HW about the same time which covers the 4xEL84 territory very well. I forget where it ended up going, I think I traded it for something else. I am using a Hot Cat 30 most of the time now.

Pete

·
Banned
153 Posts
Nice to see you on this great forum.Maybe you can give us some insight intoa few competitors. Fane, Eminence, Jensen.Eminince must be taking a lot of business away with the RedFang, which is a copy of the blue.I have one,although I have never compared it to a Celestion . I've heard excellent things about the Fane speakers, and Ive also heard that Jensen missed the mark with their vintage reissues, but that Celestion did a good job with their Classic line an excellent with their Heritage line given the fact that these are new speakers made with current production techniqes.See my Signature and you will notice I have a strong devotion to Celestion:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gerald guerrero said:
Nice to see you on this great forum.Maybe you can give us some insight intoa few competitors. Fane, Eminence, Jensen.Eminince must be taking a lot of business away with the RedFang, which is a copy of the blue.I have one,although I have never compared it to a Celestion . I've heard excellent things about the Fane speakers, and Ive also heard that Jensen missed the mark with their vintage reissues, but that Celestion did a good job with their Classic line an excellent with their Heritage line given the fact that these are new speakers made with current production techniqes.See my Signature and you will notice I have a strong devotion to Celestion:DevilGuitar:
Hi,
Fortunately we have sold 5x more Blue's in the last year than the three previous years combined. I'm sure my friends at Eminence are doing well, but we haven't noticed an impact from their new series (including the Red Fang). From those who have heard both, they are quite different, so people may like one "or" the other versus "this one instead of that one". Fane doens't effect us, and the Jensen's have their own vibe, which is specific enough where people either buy ours, or a Jensen depending on what they're looking for (more so than "one over the other", just like the Emi). Weber does a great job as does Southbay Ampworks with his Scumbacks. Jim's done a nice job at nailing the early sounding Celesitons. In conclusion, we've always done our own thing and it's worked well for us. Business is up and we're introducing some cool stuff, so life is good! Thanks for the support.

Cheers,
Rick

·
Premium Member
16,683 Posts
nonreverb said:
Welcome aboard! Cheers:food-smiley-004:
Dude,

You have four B3s, a C2 and a "bunch of Leslies"?

Insert your favourite expletive here.

You're my new hero.

I'd give my left nut for a B3. We drag around a Leslie 147 to every gig, but that real Hammond sound and feel......

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...i am extremely curious about the lightweight neodymium speakers. for example, a tech 21 trademark 60, which is already a lightweight combo amp, would be practically featherweight with a neodymium speaker. if you're not looking for a specific tone, i expect that these speakers would sound great.

-dh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts