The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just found my Les paul custom's bridge pickup is very loose (when i use fingure to touch it, it will shift left or right), i know the outter screw is used to adjust the height. but how can i make the pickup tighter?

thank you!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I dont think you can...well...if its really loose..like if you just gently touch it and it moves a lot...you could try:

take the pickup out and take the springs off the screw. Stretch the string so that it is longer and then put it back in. This should make the pickup tighter. You could also buy those neat rubber tube spring replacement things.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
wouldnt that mess with the tone though? Like..I even hear that having a swimming pool route is bad for your tone...so I dont know. Just speculation no offense...I dont know what to believe any more after all the weird things I have heard in the past haha

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
SCREEM said:
remove the 4 outer screws, lift the pup out of the cavity and put a piece of foam in there
Yup, that's the best solution. Had to do that with my LP when I was using a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge... EMG fit perfectly though. Just depends on the pickup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GuitaristZ said:
wouldnt that mess with the tone though? Like..I even hear that having a swimming pool route is bad for your tone...so I dont know. Just speculation no offense...I dont know what to believe any more after all the weird things I have heard in the past haha
Good idea, i will try that.....I found the stock les paul custom's neck pickup is tight. only the bridge pickup is little loose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GuitaristZ said:
uh oh...I wasnt recommending you try a swimming pool route...I hope you didnt think that is what I meant haha
I quote the wrong post :tongue: ~ i want to say Screem's post is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
surgical rubber tubing, like Fender uses, works great.

Get it from a good pharmacy, it's dirt cheap.

·
Registered
788 Posts
dwagar said:
surgical rubber tubing, like Fender uses, works great.

Get it from a good pharmacy, it's dirt cheap.
yeah...you know the tubing that addicts use to tie their arm up before shooting smack :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts