The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,935 Posts
If you hang to a wall, avoid outside walls.
I keep seeing this repeated on the net but I don’t see the threat. Any outside wall in a home here will be constructed in such a way that there won’t be a surface temperature or area humidity issue unless there is a heat source in the immediate vicinity, in which case it’s a matter of heat source not outside wall. It’s also not common that an instrument hung in hanger would even be in contact with the wall, but rather they hang an inch or two away from the wall. If the atmosphere in a room varies so much that it’s unsafe for instruments, there are bigger problems than the safety of instruments.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Again, thank you to all who responded. I appreciate all the answers, the technical ones that help me to learn, the images that give me ideas and the humorous ones that make laugh (maybe those especially:) ). I am well on my way now to getting this started.

cheers !!

Reactions: WhiteFalcon

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
@John Bartley Let us know what you decided on!

For what it's worth, I have the wall hangers and a stand (the kind where the guitars lean sideways). I don't know if anyone else has come across this, but I find that the guitars seem to stay in tune better when left in the stand. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the entire weight of the guitar being supported by the end of the neck, or just a couple of bad days for a couple of guitars that has biased my opinion. If I'm planning to play a particular guitar that day or over the next day or so, I keep it on the stand. If I won't play it for a while and don't mind retuning when I do play it, I hang it on the wall.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts