The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Marshall Bluesbreaker amp for sale on the emporium. In my thread I said local sales only, but I am getting interest from other parts of the country. So I am considering shipping. Can some of you people give me some advice on shipping and more importantly, how do I pack this heavy bad boy. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,167 Posts
Take the tubes out and pack them seperately, than put them in the back of the amp. Make sure and pack them really well with bubble wrap.

You should get a box that is slightly oversized for the amp. Wrap the amp in plenty of bubble wrap to the point where it fits snug in the box. Extra protection for the coners would be a good idea as well.

Basically you want the amp very well padded, and packed so it won't shift around in the box.

Make sure you get plenty of insurance, and insist on using a good shipping method that gives delivery confirmation (Xpress Post is good for shipping in Canada). You also might want to add some handling fees to the shipping free because the materials can run you a fair amount of cash.

I have only had one bad online transaction and it was because of poor amp packing. The guy took it to the UPS store, and the idiots only filled the box with peanuts. Not only do they not provide enough protection, but they get all into the amp components and make a mess.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I've had very good luck with using an over-sized box and packing all sides of the amp with hard foam. As per the last poster's instrucitons, it must be packed really tightly so it won't shift. The hard foam can be scavenged from things like computer monitor or server boxes.

I've also used a hybrid approach where I wrapped the amp in bubble wrap, then put it into a box padded with the hard foam peices.

I've shipped amps all over North America without incident.

·
Premium Member
5,167 Posts
Ya the hard foam would be a great idea as well. Likely a lot cheaper than the bubble wrap too. I am betting some stores probably just throw a lot of it out and would give you some for free.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
and by "hard foam" do you mean styrofoam?:confused-smiley-010

1 - 5 of 5 Posts