The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
I could do that, there are songs that are basically a chorus repeated from the beginning to the end, it would end up being like 5 seconds long
My mistake as I worded myself very poorly. What are your thoughts on when a band only has a chorus happen once in a song?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mistake as I worded myself very poorly. What are your thoughts on when a band only has a chorus happen once in a song?
They are either no idea of what they are doing or they are way ahead of the rest of the bands in town, if it sounds bad it's the first one, if it sounds good then it's the second, no doubt!

L

·
0 Posts
Some that I can think of that would be pretty short;
Beatles - All You Need is Love, Give Peace a Chance.
Max Webster - Diamonds.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Baba O'Reilly would stay the same wouldn't it? I don't think it has a chorus.

Reactions: amagras

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
On the tip of my tounge is a popular song, maybe from the Great American Songbook, with no repetition, or what is repeated is a rhythm but not the melody. It will come to me eventually.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
On the tip of my tounge is a popular song, maybe from the Great American Songbook, with no repetition, or what is repeated is a rhythm but not the melody. It will come to me eventually.
Canadian Railroad Trilogy perhaps ? Lightfoot
It's sort of like that.

·
Premium Member
9,692 Posts
Some that I can think of that would be pretty short;
Beatles - All You Need is Love, Give Peace a Chance.
Max Webster - Diamonds.
I might try some Rihanna and Beyonce next, that should end quick ;)
Anything by Gwen Stefani, Justin Bieber. Missy Elliott (get your freak on). Most pop really.

Reactions: amagras

·
Registered
484 Posts
Cool experiment!

The seemingly tried and true structure for pop/rock is verse #1, chorus, verse #2, chorus, (optional solo) verse #3, chorus, and repeat something till fade, or dead stop like most of AC/DC's stuff. Blue Rodeo almost always go verse #1, verse #2, chorus (some type of musical breakdown) chorus, verse #3, then a variation on the chorus till fade. I think we want catchy.... whatever it is that means "catchy" to us as individuals. (I'm not)

But Johnny Cash is something else.... A Boy Named Sue, and Folsom Prison Blues have no chorus. Just lotsa verse's. And they are both very catchy! But also both quite repetitive.

my $0.02

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Alice's Restaurant is pretty close............................................... Donna Summer's Love to Love You Baby is not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts