The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...can you dress up a Tele? I use that term Tele in no official or traditional designation. What can I do with the usual Tele shape but different pickup, necks, hardware, etc. configurations? I'm after some nontraditional ideas and styles.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
This is what I did to my Wildwood 52 thin skin. All my life I've always loved traditional. I like my Martins natural, no sunburst. I like my Teles blackguard blond, etc. So this move was wild and crazy for me.
Ordered the pickguard from a company in Tennessee.

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I did to my Wildwood 52 thin skin. All my life I've always loved traditional. I like my Martins natural, no sunburst. I like my Teles blackguard blond, etc. So this move was wild and crazy for me.
Ordered the pickguard from a company in Tennessee.

thats nice but I was hoping for some nontraditional ideas, I have this style covered

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Really what can you do to a telecaster. There are a number of hardware options. black, gold, etc. But really should a Telecaster even be screwed with? In 1951 Leo got it right end of story. I feel so dirty. Excuse me while I go find my original black pick guard.

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really what can you do to a telecaster. There are a number of hardware options. black, gold, etc. But really should a Telecaster even be screwed with? In 1951 Leo got it right end of story. I feel so dirty. Excuse me while I go find my original black pick guard.
think outside of the box

·
Registered
275 Posts
How's this for thinking outside of the box? Sorry...couldn't help myself. I think a tele with just a stopbar bridge like a junior and then some interesting pup's like filtertrons or something like that would be cool...maybe a custom made control plate that is a different shape would add to it as well. Finish wise you could try a burnt effect or if using mahogany go for the dog hair finish.
Pine Telecaster .jpg

like this
doghair2.jpg

I don't normally like black guitars but this is cool. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Ti-Ron and jdto

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
My favourite is still cut off bridge to make room for a humbucker, no other pup, 1 knob (V) or at most 2 (V/T). Esquire style guard, or customize to taste. Great great rock guitar.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
The tophat broke on mine so I wrapped plumbers tape around the switch stem worked pretty good. I’d like to have a shell casing as a switch tip but the plumbers tape will do for now.

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How's this for thinking outside of the box? Sorry...couldn't help myself. I think a tele with just a stopbar bridge like a junior and then some interesting pup's like filtertrons or something like that would be cool...maybe a custom made control plate that is a different shape would add to it as well. Finish wise you could try a burnt effect or if using mahogany go for the dog hair finish. View attachment 171057
like this View attachment 171073
I don't normally like black guitars but this is cool. Just my 2 cents.
this forum loves the table top Tele picture, unfortunately its old and overused with nothing creative to show. the second one is awesome, just wish it was a single cut guitar, who makes that?

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My favourite is still cut off bridge to make room for a humbucker, no other pup, 1 knob (V) or at most 2 (V/T). Esquire style guard, or customize to taste. Great great rock guitar.
I love this idea, thought about it a few times, humbucker and TV Jones variations.

·
Registered
14,585 Posts

Reactions: johnnyshaka

·
Registered
14,585 Posts
that looks terrible, is it a ‘friends’?
Found the picture online--but saw one in person at a store one time (While I was in Lethbridge)
Had to try it--felt as awkward as it looks...

Reactions: vadsy
1 - 20 of 139 Posts