The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...can you dress up a Tele? I use that term Tele in no official or traditional designation. What can I do with the usual Tele shape but different pickup, necks, hardware, etc. configurations? I'm after some nontraditional ideas and styles.

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what I did to my Wildwood 52 thin skin. All my life I've always loved traditional. I like my Martins natural, no sunburst. I like my Teles blackguard blond, etc. So this move was wild and crazy for me.
Ordered the pickguard from a company in Tennessee.

thats nice but I was hoping for some nontraditional ideas, I have this style covered

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Really what can you do to a telecaster. There are a number of hardware options. black, gold, etc. But really should a Telecaster even be screwed with? In 1951 Leo got it right end of story. I feel so dirty. Excuse me while I go find my original black pick guard.

·
Registered
275 Posts
How's this for thinking outside of the box? Sorry...couldn't help myself. I think a tele with just a stopbar bridge like a junior and then some interesting pup's like filtertrons or something like that would be cool...maybe a custom made control plate that is a different shape would add to it as well. Finish wise you could try a burnt effect or if using mahogany go for the dog hair finish.
Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments

like this
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

I don't normally like black guitars but this is cool. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Ti-Ron and jdto

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,731 Posts
The tophat broke on mine so I wrapped plumbers tape around the switch stem worked pretty good. I’d like to have a shell casing as a switch tip but the plumbers tape will do for now.

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How's this for thinking outside of the box? Sorry...couldn't help myself. I think a tele with just a stopbar bridge like a junior and then some interesting pup's like filtertrons or something like that would be cool...maybe a custom made control plate that is a different shape would add to it as well. Finish wise you could try a burnt effect or if using mahogany go for the dog hair finish. View attachment 171057
like this View attachment 171073
I don't normally like black guitars but this is cool. Just my 2 cents.
this forum loves the table top Tele picture, unfortunately its old and overused with nothing creative to show. the second one is awesome, just wish it was a single cut guitar, who makes that?

·
Registered
15,914 Posts
that looks terrible, is it a ‘friends’?
Found the picture online--but saw one in person at a store one time (While I was in Lethbridge)
Had to try it--felt as awkward as it looks...

Reactions: vadsy
1 - 20 of 139 Posts