The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little hypothetical situation. As the title says, and you've got a gig the next night. Let's say Poison, AC/DC level of difficulty, and you're learning them from scratch for this scenario. But only one day.

·
Registered
126 Posts
ha i could most likely learn every nirvana song in a day love buzz being the hardest..... but only like one or two bls or metallica songs depending on how hard they are

·
Registered
74 Posts
I cant learn any songs at all anymore now that I have a memory like a sive so I gotta say a big fat zero.
I admire those who can however. Thirty years ago Id say 4 if working steady but that wouldnt be very tight with the band.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If it's an early Beatles/ Rolling Stones caliber of song, maybe 10 in a day. A Poison/ACDC type of song, perhaps 4. And a Rush/Pink Floyd song, one. King Crimson/Hendrix, a couple of days just to learn parts of them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I learned 40 songs in a day for a country gig. I guess I can honestly say I didn't quite learn all of them 100%. My mind was exhausted! I did remember them well enough to not be kicked of the stage though.

It was a lot of work. Making notes is a must when you have to go through something like that. Tiring thing to do though...:zzz::zzz:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts