The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I built a board about 20 years ago that has 3 sides and the bottom. The sides enclose the pedals. The lid is the top and front. It is 16" x 24".
I have 13 pedals jammed on it plus 2 Pedal Power 2'. Off the board a wah and Radial Twin City.

I bought a Pedaltrain Pro that's 16" x 32" but have resisted using it because it's footprint size. I have tons of pedals but have limited myself to the 16" x 24" board.

Wah (off board) -->Tuner --> Compressor --> SW Auto Wah --> Klone 1 --> Klone 2 --> Zendrive --> Sunface --> MHammer Blender --> SCH-1 Chorus --> Tremolo --> RV6 Reverb --> Timeline --> (off board) Radial Twin City --> Amp(s)

So I ask you, how many pedals and how big is your board?

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Board:
Pedaltrain Classic 2

Power:
Truetone CS12 Pure Isolated Power Brick

Pedals are:
Sonic Research Turbo Tuner -->Diamond Compressor--> Dunlop Cry Baby Mini Wah--> Snow White Auto Wah-->Klon KTR-->Hermida Zemdrive-->EP Pre ClinchFX-->Dunlop Mini Volume-->Boss Digital Dimension-->Strymon El Capistan-->Strymon Flint

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
The first board that I got was a PT Pro, that has 18 pedals including a wah onboard, powered by two PP2+.

I put together a PT1 when I joined the band, that has 11 pedals with an onboard wah and powered by a PP2+ and VL Digital.
I have another PT1 that has 12 pedals on it with an onboard wah, powered by a PP2+

Lastly, I got in a Nano+ (thanks Fred!) with five pedals powered by a Cioks Adam.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I built a board about 20 years ago that has 3 sides and the bottom. The sides enclose the pedals. The lid is the top and front. It is 16" x 24".
I have 13 pedals jammed on it plus 2 Pedal Power 2'. Off the board a wah and Radial Twin City.

So I ask you, how many pedals and how big is your board?
I like yer style. All my boards are DIY and I'm on Mark III.

Mark I was very similar to yours, except the bottom was removable and angled up at the back, with the Dunlop DC Brick I used to power it underneath. It was small (22 x 10" or so) and built out of scrap wood when I was young so I had to upgrade. At peak I had 3 more pedals on there (turned the doublewide MXRs sideways to make it fit.... kinda miss the Ibanez a bit):

Mark II was a pc of ply with 2x4 on the back edge to make it slope, that I make to fit inside an old suitcase my brother had lying about. Again I had the DC Brick under the board, but this time mounted to the board vs the bottom of the case. Always thought that orange pull tab was a genius touch.

.... (reached pic limit per post)...

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts

Mark III was the culmination of everything I learned about what I did not like about pedalboards. I do not like tiers or even having a second row (unless you use a controller, but I'm not a fan of those; don't need them as I don't use seperate chains/loops, just longer signal path and more stuff). I did think the built in case of Mark I was great, and power needs to be well integrated and not taking up real estate. Mark III is 2 24ish" 1 row boards that fold together to make a box a bit smaller than a Marshall head. It can be used as a single board with a single supply (Cioks Schizophrenic) or as 2 separate boards (either for 2 instruments or to share with a bandmate to make packing for gigs easier) - I have a second power supply that can have separate wall power to it or , using Cioks Link, daisy chain off the other one (not mounted yet in the pics). Better cable management too (not yet implemented in pics). No slope (only one row, why bother).

The contents have changed since those pics. Now it's (from right to left):

DIY passive LP and HP filter (on the bench for some tweaks - replaced the MXR graphic EQ) > DIY Klone > cheap mini tuner (Peterson strobe is at home for setup work) > EQD Organizer > DIY Vowelizer (env filter with fuzz thing - copy of a Coloursound Dipthronizer; replaced MXR) > [ other half ] > DIY CE-2B copy > DIY Pearl OD-1 copy > EQD Grand Orbiter v2 > DIY modulated delay > Boss DM-2W

I can easily squeeze in 2-5 more pedals (depending if double-wide or mini). My one regret is putting the handle where I did.

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
My only issue with the split board style you have is that in some venues/basements it's too much space.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
I’m just in progress on mine. It’s a Voodoo Labs Dingbat medium with their Mondo power.

I’ve got Wireless Line 6 G10>TC Tuner>Maybe a Mini Wah>Digitech Freqout>MXR Dyna Comp>SoloDallas Storm>EHX Soul Food>EHX Nano Big Muff>TS808>Rat>Maybe a Flanger?>MXR Analog Chorus>MXR Analog Delay

I sort of wanted a reverb, too, as my amp doesn’t have one, but I’m out of space. I figure I can use one at home that doesn’t have to be on the board and for the few times I play elsewhere, I’ll make do without.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I've got the PedalTrain Nano plus. Boss TU3 > Visual Sound VS/XO (double OD) > TC Flashback Mini, and MXR 10 band Eq.

I have more pedals than board space, so I'm going to upgrade the board at some point soon. The stuff on the board now will do for a quick pickup and go, but I need more options available if something specific presents itself.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Hmm, no pedals on my pedalboard--because I don't have one--maybe that's something I should take care of in 2018--so I can have a board to put my pedals on.

Reactions: Ti-Ron and jdto

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Hmm, no pedals on my pedalboard--because I don't have one--maybe that's something I should take care of in 2018--so I can have a board to put my pedals on.
I got ya there Zontar.
Swing by " THE STORE " on a Saturday & i'll give you one of my Ikea hack.
Merry Christmas to you & your brother.

Reactions: zontar

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Double post, sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I got ya there Zontar.
Swing by " THE STORE " on a Saturday & i'll give you one of my Ikea hack.
Merry Christmas to you & your brother.
Here it is, but has loop velcro on it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dorian2 and zontar

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
My only issue with the split board style you have is that in some venues/basements it's too much space.
then you only use half (the other half is just the lid - stick it offstage).... and you do not play smaller venues than I do, bud.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts