The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked these questions recently by my wife... So....

I will ask you guys !

How many amps do you have?

How many amps do you use?

And how many is just to many for you ? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Right now I have 13. I use 4 of them DRRI, Classic 30, Fender Excelsior and the Fishman Loudbox. My main amp is the DRRI. How many is too many? Don't have an answer. ;)

2009 Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue
1988 Fender The Twin (Red Knobs)
2012 Fender Excelsior
2013 Traynor YBA-1 50th Anniversary Tribute head (62/100) with the YBX212 cab
2005 Peavey Classic 30 with 112SX Ext Cab
1959 Supro 1624T Dual Tone
2012 Mack Gem '2G' with Traynor YCX212
2011 Blackheart Killer Ant Head (BH1H) with Blackheart Killer Cab (BH10)
1978 Polytone Mini Brute IV
2007 Yorkville Bassmaster XM200 (1x15)
2012 Pignose Legendary 7-100
2014 Yamaha THR-10C
2017 Fishman Loudbox Mini

·
Premium Member
17,189 Posts
Technically? I own two amps and I use them both. One is band stuff, one is my little practice amp at home.

I'd own more if I could, but currently I'm not able to.

·
Premium Member
13,086 Posts
Three, all for home use. Ampeg B108 for the bass, Fender Super Champ X2 and Vox Pathfinder 15r for noodling

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
I think that I have 16 or so, currently using 9.

I sold off 5 or 6 low dollar, quick sale amps, in the last couple of months locally on Kijiji, and yet two got shipped, one to Calgary. So they had value. The one that went to Calgary is the one in that group that I played the most.

Out of the 9 I am using, I am trying to thin down in my mind to 5, or 3. Hard decisions when some are expensive to replace, or find in that kind of condition again. Some are collectables, and less played, than the proven 3 to 5.

The other 6 or so are for bass, keyboard, or need attention, etc.

I don’t owe any money and if they windup getting sold, the money would get sucked up and vanish one way or another. Always has, always will.

Owning the equipment hurts no one but my wife, because she can’t understand why anyone needs more than one. However, she has shoes, jewelry, clothes, and possessions that take up 90 % of storage, closets, etc. My attitude is whatever makes you happy, just leave me alone. My stuff has value, and can be sold to break even or make a profit, if I choose to work at it, or take a minimal loss at quicker sale prices.

At my age, I deserve to enjoy what I can, while I can, and aim towards thinning down in an attempt to not make my stuff a burden to those who will dispose of what is left when I am gone.

·
Premium Member
3,210 Posts
5. Use them all, but differently:

1 Main bass amp - gigs and jams
2 Main Guitar amp
3 Bench test amp at home
4 Home practise amp (guit/bass)
5 the amp I am currently working on/restoring/flipping which may or may not replace one of the other ones.

All heads aside from the bench tester. 5 cabs to choose from.

... I also have access to variously (as the studio partner takes some home or brings them back) another 8ish amps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 4 and use them all. I have a Vox Pathfinder 10 and Yamaha THX (low watts) and then a Fender 85 and a Univox Stage 65 that I ABY and get loud with. I find I use the Vox and Fender the most.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Two.

A Kustom HV 65 and a Fender EVH III 50 with a 2x12 cab.

The EVH rarely gets used anymore as the Kustom sounds so good and is more portable.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
3 at this point....Tex Bernie, Clark Beaufort (tweed deluxe clone) and a Morris Perplex'd Jr. I use them all, but am digging the Morris the most at the moment.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
5, and I am using 4

-Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb that has been modded to make it a Vibroverb Reissue.
-Marshall JTM1-C 50th Anniversary that I just bought from Faracaster here on GC
-Fender Rumble 200 V3 Bass amp
-Yamaha THR10C

The 4th is a Fender Super Champ XD that sounds amazing, but it doesn't get much playing time since I got the Vibrolux.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Eight guitar amps and three bass amps.

An old SS, Fender M80 and the Egnater Rebel 20 don't get used much at all.
My main unit is the Maz 8 and I use that the most, the other in regular usage is the Marshall 2525.
I have a YGL1 and ext cab that I used in the band and a Phaez head that doesn't get a lot of love.
A buddy gave me an old Yamaha SS amp from the '70s, pretty cool little unit.

Two of the bass amps don't get much excersize, but the Roland Cube 30 has the Trio run through it so that's in use quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
2 amps. A Vox AC4C1-12 and a Peavey Max 112 bass amp for home. Sold all my gigging gear.

·
Registered
28 Posts
About 20. A few I rarely use. A couple I gig with. Some are just cool old amps I’ve collected because they are uncommon.
I’m close to having too many as I’ve run out of room.

·
Registered
389 Posts
How many amps do you have?

How many amps do you use?
3 regularly.

The other two used to be main players but they've taken a backseat as my sonic priorities change. I've thought about selling them, but the market isn't hot and I don't really need the money.

How many is just too many for you?
It depends.

When I have to go out of my way to force myself to use an amp, or when I do use something I play it for 10-15 minutes before wishing I was using the amp I normally use, then I know I have too many.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Currently have four guitar amps (Fender BF Bassman, Winfield Cyclone, ElectroGlide Model 18, Vintage47 Ric Supreme), which to me is about right for my current situation. They all get used thru the course of a week on a more or less equal rotation.

Son has three bass amps (SVT Pro, Traynor DynaBass, Fender Bassman 25) spread across the three residences he spends time at, which is adequate for him also, btw.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I only have one. 5150 III 50 watt half stack. If I could have more, I'd probably just own what I've already owned and ended up trading around for different flavors. Mainly Orange AD30, Mesa F50 combo.

I'm gassing for something else every week or every great kijiji deal, but know what I have quite well so don't bother. Im pretty much the same with pedals.

I can't believe some of you guys have double digits or double dozens. That my friend is whore-ding..

1 - 20 of 113 Posts