The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

How long was I sleeping for?

545 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  vadsy 
#1 ·
By happenstance, I landed on the ABC version of Match Game, last night, hosted by Alec Baldwin. Not really any different than the Canadian version we've been subjected to the last 2 years on Comedy Network. Lotsa bleeped sex jokes.

What caught my attention, however, was a comment made in passing by the winner of the brief segment I saw. He said that, he hoped to win so he could take his mother to see Celine Dion in her "home country of Quebec".

I know I can doze off through a bunch of stuff on Sunday evenings, sometimes, but when did Quebec separate, and how did I miss that?

#6 · (Edited)
I hate Céline as much as the other guy, but ...

As defined by Montevideo Convention, a "country" has:

Ask any of my separatist family members out there, they've been separated 25years now!
Its a unique climate out there.
Maclean's is hiring, I hear.

Or maybe, as you have such class, you should run as mayor since you seem to be on the same bashing track as an earlier mayor, Ralph Klein, with his comment: “Let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark”, during the big Québec ice storm.

Perhaps just wishful thinking?
Nice ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.