The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By happenstance, I landed on the ABC version of Match Game, last night, hosted by Alec Baldwin. Not really any different than the Canadian version we've been subjected to the last 2 years on Comedy Network. Lotsa bleeped sex jokes.

What caught my attention, however, was a comment made in passing by the winner of the brief segment I saw. He said that, he hoped to win so he could take his mother to see Celine Dion in her "home country of Quebec".

I know I can doze off through a bunch of stuff on Sunday evenings, sometimes, but when did Quebec separate, and how did I miss that?

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
By happenstance, I landed on the ABC version of Match Game, last night, hosted by Alec Baldwin. Not really any different than the Canadian version we've been subjected to the last 2 years on Comedy Network. Lotsa bleeped sex jokes.

What caught my attention, however, was a comment made in passing by the winner of the brief segment I saw. He said that, he hoped to win so he could take his mother to see Celine Dion in her "home country of Quebec".

I know I can doze off through a bunch of stuff on Sunday evenings, sometimes, but when did Quebec separate, and how did I miss that?
Perhaps just wishful thinking?

L

·
0 Posts
Don' cha' just love it when they say 'from Toronto, Ontario, Canada'?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I hate Céline as much as the other guy, but ...

As defined by Montevideo Convention, a "country" has:

Ask any of my separatist family members out there, they've been separated 25years now!
Its a unique climate out there.
Maclean's is hiring, I hear.

Or maybe, as you have such class, you should run as mayor since you seem to be on the same bashing track as an earlier mayor, Ralph Klein, with his comment: “Let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark”, during the big Québec ice storm.

Perhaps just wishful thinking?
Nice ...

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
That would pretty much apply to all provinces and territories, to the extent that it applies to Québec.
But yeah, "Toronto, Ontario, Canada" drives me nuts too. No one would ever say "Chicago, Illinois, United States".
Every American knows that Toronto is a city in the County of Ontario in the State of Canada USA

B#(*

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I hate Céline as much as the other guy, but ...

As defined by Montevideo Convention, a "country" has:

Maclean's is hiring, I hear.

Or maybe, as you have such class, you should run as mayor since you seem to be on the same bashing track as an earlier mayor, Ralph Klein, with his comment: “Let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark”, during the big Québec ice storm.

Nice ...
I made an observation about my family and nothing else but I'll still bite.. I don't care either way about Quebec. Go ahead and separate, but good luck getting established in the global economy. Who's currency do you plan to use? Also, Im not a true Albertan just like Ralph is not a mayor, and just like he really isn't respected. Maybe he was 20 years ago when he could get away with retarded ice storm comments like that, and when he bribed $400 to every man and child instead of building hospitals and a decent education system. Guess what, modern Alberta is mostly made up of people from elsewhere. This is why Alberta voted for an NDP government this time around. The government is still catching up on infrastructure and cultural improvements that were ignored by Ralph and later corrupted by Redford and the PC's.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
That would pretty much apply to all provinces and territories, to the extent that it applies to Québec.
But yeah, "Toronto, Ontario, Canada" drives me nuts too. No one would ever say "Chicago, Illinois, United States".

Even the US has secession laws that allow states a sovereign status, but they're not stupid enough to isolate themselves. If you remember, a few will threaten it the second you mention gun control, gay marriage and abortion in the same sentence.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't care either way about Quebec. Go ahead and separate, but good luck getting established in the global economy. Who's currency do you plan to use?
Wo ... back off here. When did I mention wanting to separate ?
It just that the overall tone of your comment was kind of condescending, ending with Its a unique climate out there.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Where's that popcorn gif?

I need something to pass the time while I wait for the moving truck to relocate this to the political section..........

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Wo ... back off here. When did I mention wanting to separate ?
It just that the overall tone of your comment was kind of condescending, ending with Its a unique climate out there.
No beef either way. You sir sounded very defensive with the as you have so much class comment. The sarcastic tone threw me off.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Lucien Bouchard had a great vision. I was only 14 at the time and didn't really care about politics but I really wanted him to succeed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts