The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone here is really nice, no lame threads, not even this sub forum........................
But we all know eventually if we keep growing, we are going to get taken over by noobs, right?
For example. Ultimate-Guitar was once a really good forum, just like this for like a year, until they got really huge and noobs took it over. Now go in the pit, they have threads like "Can I light my guitar on fire and play it at the same time", "What can I do to make my thing bigger?" and other stupid questions.

Another example is Harmony Central. They were really good when they first came out. Now look at it. Even the mods have given up on that forum, they don't even want to go there because of the noobs.

I really hope that this forum doesn't get overpopulated with noobs. How long do you guys think it will be - IF it happens.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,823 Posts
Well the goal would be to keep that kind of stuff off here all together, or at least limit it to the Have Your Say forum. We will try to moderate the best we can but members can always report threads that are deemed beyond the limits and we can deal with that.

The forum is certainly growing so we will see how it goes. So far we have a great bunch of people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
I hope that our admins, and mods will take car of any noobs that join.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Well, lets see how it goes,
I'm a noob in here and I plan to rule the world one day so I decided to start here. :2guns:
Will you let me? :confused-smiley-010

:D :smilie_flagge17:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,017 Posts
Not sure I'm understanding the word.....noobs..:confused-smiley-010
Does it rhyme with..boobs ???
If so what does that mean ???
Or do you mean knobs or nobs ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,665 Posts
You say potato...

faracaster said:
Not sure I'm understanding the word.....noobs..:confused-smiley-010
Does it rhyme with..boobs ???
If so what does that mean ???
Or do you mean knobs or nobs ???
Boobs may indeed be involved, it depends on the noob I suppose.

It comes from "newbee", someone new to a forum. Over at the Ampage site it's used for someone just beginning to learn about tube amps and tube electronics.

"Knobs" has been a term used by radio and tv techs for years to describe management. There are big knobs and there are little knobs....little knobs that have a big effect and big knobs that do nothing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
Noobs newbs nubs and so forth is used a lot in the gaming world. People who dont know what the hell about anything and end up talking a bunch of BS. Speaking of that. Time for Starcraft. Anyone up for any?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SinCron said:
Noobs newbs nubs and so forth is used a lot in the gaming world. People who dont know what the hell about anything and end up talking a bunch of BS. Speaking of that. Time for Starcraft. Anyone up for any?
No, but I'm getting back into Diablo 2 soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
SinCron said:
CD Key PLZ!
N64H-7J9X-JMCN-NG74
WVE6-RTNC-TFHG-EVXP
NDGX-TGNK-XPGE-GGWR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
Can I play online with those? Now I gotta clear some space and downlo......buy the game used from a respectable dealer at a low price....

Edit: PWN WT TEH HOXORZ!!!!!11!11111!11!. I had a craving and that satisfied it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
Did you buy it? Do you own a legal copy? If so, download it :). I used to have it and then I lent it to a friend and he had the balls to give me the demo back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
SinCron said:
Can I play online with those? Now I gotta clear some space and downlo......buy the game used from a respectable dealer at a low price....

Edit: PWN WT TEH HOXORZ!!!!!11!11111!11!. I had a craving and that satisfied it.
I dunno, I got those off a keygen I got from mscracks. Probably not, alot of games you can only only register it once with the CDkey. Like Steam applications, for example.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,740 Posts
Stratocaster said:
Another example is Harmony Central. They were really good when they first came out. Now look at it. Even the mods have given up on that forum, they don't even want to go there because of the noobs.
.
...harmony central quickly became a magnet for neocon hate-mongerers and gave them an opportunity to bash their favourite targets, ie anyone who is not white, male, american and heterosexual. it is a virtual cesspool of neocon hate. that is unlikely to happen here, hopefully...

-dh
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top