The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beginning,... Yes! End,... Not so much (Edmonton)

·
Premium Member
9,758 Posts
Not that bad, but definitely taken a turn for the colder. And unfortunately I still have to get into the water at the cottage (near Guitar101) to pull the docks. Wetsuits help, but your hands get so cold.
Fortunately, it will be the last time. We just sold the place, so just have remove some of our stuff and close it up for the new owners. cottages are heaven to visit but hell to own.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Welcome to Alberta. 19C today in Calgary, snow next week.

Cooked a nice brisket on the smoker today, before I shut it down for the season. :)

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Getting cold! Time to get out the winter gear soon.

I love winter. It's freedom to do as I choose. Don't have to worry about the garden, cutting the lawn etc. X 2(the cottage)

It's more me time! That has a nice ring to it.

It lessens the frequency of migraines.

Last year the lake at the cottage never froze over. But some really dumb ice fisherman planted their huts right on the edge of the thicker outter edges of the lake. What a bunch of idiots. Good way to die.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Major rain for next two days. No golf for me.
Yep, had to get a lot of yardwork done yesterday, giving up any chance to get another round in. Have to be happy that last weekend's rounds were glorious while visiting family in Sherbrooke. Might have been the last ones. @marcos I'm always up for a round if you need a golf partner (still love the tele btw).

·
Premium Member
16,837 Posts
I dunno if the rain is going to stick around but it's a bit chilly.

I'm amazed our heat isn't on yet.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Yep, had to get a lot of yardwork done yesterday, giving up any chance to get another round in. Have to be happy that last weekend's rounds were glorious while visiting family in Sherbrooke. Might have been the last ones. @marcos I'm always up for a round if you need a golf partner (still love the tele btw).
Good to hear buddy. Keep you in mind next time we get out on the Ottawa side.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Getting cold! Time to get out the winter gear soon.

I love winter. It's freedom to do as I choose. Don't have to worry about the garden, cutting the lawn etc. X 2(the cottage)

It's more me time! That has a nice ring to it.

It lessens the frequency of migraines.

Last year the lake at the cottage never froze over. But some really dumb ice fisherman planted their huts right on the edge of the thicker outter edges of the lake. What a bunch of idiots. Good way to die.
The winter gear means putting on chaps for longer rides. You can have my share of winter and all the snow that goes with it.

·
Premium Member
13,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking forward to what is likely my last Edmonton winter. Don't mind the cold and snow,... as long as it is a dry cold. The 'kids' take possession of the new digs In Kelowna on November 10th. Gonna give them a year just make sure nothing goes south. They were the reason I moved out here after I retired in the first place. I liked living here in the Old Strathcona neighbourhood better than Toronto, but hey, I likely won't keep my grand daughter separated from here favourite Grandpa for too long.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts