The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Pitch (relative) needs and can be learnt/improved with training / practicing. Singing in my opinion is the best way to practice for ear training

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm blown away. I can tell if I'm singing or playing off key but I have no clue what note I'm hitting, I just know it's the wrong one.
If you know it is wrong, that means you have good ear. If you want to improve - you need to "ear train".
Since I started playing a guitar - my ear improved a lot. (piano player since young age). But when I combined that with singing - it improved more and faster

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you know it is wrong, that means you have good ear. If you want to improve - you need to "ear train".
Since I started playing a guitar - my ear improved a lot. (piano player since young age). But when I combined that with singing - it improved more and faster
I'm working my way through some on-line singing lessons. Hopefully it will help. It's funny, even though I know I'm singing at the wrong pitch, I have no clue how to correct it. It helps if there's the correct pitch in the background as I can usually mimic the pitch (if not the tenor) of the backgound voice. I guess it means I can sing along somewhat but if I'm solo, I'm more likely than not to start at the wrong note.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts