The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cheap Apprasial

Some people put items on eBay just to determine it's value.

Set a high reserve, so it won't really sell, and see what the offers are/

YOu still have to pay an insertion fee, but it's cheaper than a real apprasial fee.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Joey said:
Some people put items on eBay just to determine it's value.

Set a high reserve, so it won't really sell, and see what the offers are/

YOu still have to pay an insertion fee, but it's cheaper than a real apprasial fee.
haha you could be right.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. 225k is near the low end of what '59 LP's have been going for over the past year. The guitar owned by Peter Green/Gary Moore was recently on sale for 2 million bucks, and it has a broken headstock! An A-1 condition '59 burst owned by Joe Blow can fetch 400k. This guy will eventually get what he wants for that guitar.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
This guitar and the auction was heavily discussed over at the LesPaulForum and the consensus over there is that this is the real deal and the only reason it was on eBay at all was for eBays advertising potential. The common thought is that it'll probably go in a private sale for close to $400K or more...way too rich for my blood:wink:

·
Registered
822 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
Did Gary Moore sell that guitar? Can'r beleive he would part with it at any price.
He sold it for an undisclosed amount back in the spring. Evidently he was upset that the sale became public knowledge. I think owning a guitar like that would be a burden. You need a Brink's truck to move it around. People will kill you for something that valuable. He probably did'nt feel safe gigging with it so, hey, let it go. Anyway, the new owner had it posted a couple of months later for 2 extra large ones. I don't know if it sold the second time or not. You can read all about it on the LPF.

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Lester B. Flat said:
He sold it for an undisclosed amount back in the spring. Evidently he was upset that the sale became public knowledge. I think owning a guitar like that would be a burden. You need a Brink's truck to move it around. People will kill you for something that valuable. He probably did'nt feel safe gigging with it so, hey, let it go. Anyway, the new owner had it posted a couple of months later for 2 extra large ones. I don't know if it sold the second time or not. You can read all about it on the LPF.
Moore sold it for $1 million, the current owner, Maverick Music, is selling it for $2 million.

http://www.maverick-music.com/scripts/vintage-guitars.asp?idproduct=1211

1 - 16 of 16 Posts