The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in changing my pickups and am not to worried about the soldering.

Just curious how to setup the pickups for height? Is there a correct distance and then play for fine tuning?

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts

Reactions: deltapapatango

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
Most guitars companies have a recommended distance. Should be able to find it in manuals online.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I just set mine wherever I feel like. Seems to work well.
I wholeheartedly agree. Plus trying to balance them for roughly equal volume when switching between one and the other.
Typically for HH, neck is lower (further from the strings) and bridge is higher (closer to the strings) for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking to eventually change my '17 Black painted over gold top R8 to SD APH-2 as its weight relieved.

May want to change my '15 LP Traditional with APH-1 as a it's a hard body as a test guitar.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I start with the good ol' Bill Lawrence method that usually gets it right the first time for my guitars.

Got any spare change -- find a couple nickels! Fretting at the last fret, adjust the bridge pickup to to have 2 nickel-height clearance beneath high-E string , and 1 nickel clearance for the low E string. Use the same procedure for other pickups but dial in to taste/equal volume. Real rocket science, eh!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts