The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lost the bubble on where this stands. I need to leave feedback for a member (seller) who's package arrived today and not sure where to do that, or if I even should if this system is being worked on. I'm also interested in some for sale items, but can't find the feedback listings and I have not dealt with these people before.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
can't find the feedback listings and I have not dealt with these people before
There's a roundabout way to access them.
Google 'feedback for (member's handle) guitarscanada.com', click the drop down arrow on a result and choose 'cached'.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
I've lost the bubble on where this stands. I need to leave feedback for a member (seller) who's package arrived today and not sure where to do that, or if I even should if this system is being worked on. I'm also interested in some for sale items, but can't find the feedback listings and I have not dealt with these people before.
This used a third-party product that forces us to rely on them for updates and fixes to common issues. In order to be able to efficiently support the community, we are moving away from relying on third-party providers. We want to keep everything in house to ensure we can maintain and manage the products you love. We are actively working on new features with our product team and pass all feedback like this along to them for their review so they can determine what is most important to the community members. The previous feedback has been backed up for future use.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
This used a third-party product that forces us to rely on them for updates and fixes to common issues. In order to be able to efficiently support the community, we are moving away from relying on third-party providers. We want to keep everything in house to ensure we can maintain and manage the products you love. We are actively working on new features with our product team and pass all feedback like this along to them for their review so they can determine what is most important to the community members. The previous feedback has been backed up for future use.

- Cricket
Get your own stuff develloped and having control over it is nice and I understand it. But since, it's a really important feature to members, why not using the third party app until you get your own tool working?
This way, we have our feedbacks and you keep the paying members happy.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

- Cricket
OK I guess I should be grateful to sacrifice a little to improve the administrators experience. Gotta go trade in my car on the 2020 model now - doesn't come with wheels but it's low maintenance and the radio sounds good.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Would starting sticky threads in the Buy/Sell areas for feedback help at all until this issue is resolved?

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
40 Posts

- Cricket
Perhaps it may have been a good idea for your developers to look at how this forum was used and checked some analytics before you switched to a new platform that does not properly support it. Feedback was major part of this forum. Valuable gear changes hands and we now have lost all reference of who is a reliable buyer or seller. The feedback statistics are extremely important to the users of this forum section and if you look at the stats the users of this section are all going to be paid subscribers.

What you now call a classified section is a mess. Users can't delete their posts making it difficult to tell what is for sale and what is sold. We can no longer sort by ad type (for sale, for trade etc) and have no way to get insight on people we are sending thousands of dollars to.

I think I would prefer to rely on third party apps that adds functionality than trust a team of blind monkeys who don't research their own product. you are going to lose a lot of subscribers and traffic if you don't get these issues corrected quickly.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I hope we have impressed on you that this is one of the most improtant features, if not the single most important feature of the old site. I really hope you've classified this a showstopper and that it needs to be addressed as quickly as possible.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
I hope we have impressed on you that this is one of the most improtant features, if not the single most important feature of the old site. I really hope you've classified this a showstopper and that it needs to be addressed as quickly as possible.
I already fully understand the importance and have passed this on to the developers.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
225 Posts
How do you envision that working? There is a lot of stuff bought, sold, and traded here.
It definitely wouldn't be ideal. It would simply be a temporary solution.

Maybe one for Buyer Feedback and one for Seller Feedback with a sticky thread for the information that needs to be included, so that a thread search would be effective?

What information would need to be included?

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
15,751 Posts
It definitely wouldn't be ideal. It would simply be a temporary solution.

Maybe one for Buyer Feedback and one for Seller Feedback with a sticky thread for the information that needs to be included, so that a thread search would be effective?

What information would need to be included?

- Cricket
If it's temporary a positive or negative rating would be enough.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
I added a new forum for this. Let me know if there are any issues with it.

- Cricket

·
Registered
171 Posts
You have to be a Premium member to post in the new section you created for feedback. There are plenty of users on here that buy without having a "Premium account." I'd recommend opening up that section to all users and then of course reverting back to the old rating system or something similar. It works on Reverb, Ebay etc

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I added a new forum for this. Let me know if there are any issues with it.

- Cricket
That is a very crude way to handle future feedback but what about the years of history that PAID subscribers have? That is what we need reflected. It will be a difficult task to search through once it fills up and I'm not sure you realize how many there will be.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
That is a very crude way to handle future feedback but what about the years of history that PAID subscribers have? That is what we need reflected. It will be a difficult task to search through once it fills up and I'm not sure you realize how many there will be.
It is just a temporary band-aid for new feedback. All of the old feedback has been backed up for future use.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
225 Posts
You have to be a Premium member to post in the new section you created for feedback. There are plenty of users on here that buy without having a "Premium account." I'd recommend opening up that section to all users and then of course reverting back to the old rating system or something similar. It works on Reverb, Ebay etc
Give a bit to get that fixed.

- Cricket

1 - 20 of 37 Posts