The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know first name, last name, where he used to live. First name of his wife. Industries he used to work in.

He invested in a private company through me quite a few years ago, and we both thought the particular investment had fallen through. We lost touch many years back. Now it looks like there may be a payout.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
With that much info just a search on google should do it. If not then Superpages.ca and Canada411.com or whatever the equilvalent sites are for his country if he isn't in Canada. If that doesn't work then depending on what sort of work he does you can check if he's a member of any professional associations.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kat_ said:
With that much info just a search on google should do it. If not then Superpages.ca and Canada411.com or whatever the equilvalent sites are for his country if he isn't in Canada. If that doesn't work then depending on what sort of work he does you can check if he's a member of any professional associations.
I've exhausted all those avenues already.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Find a Friend

Jeff Flowerday said:
I know first name, last name, where he used to live. First name of his wife. Industries he used to work in.

He invested in a private company through me quite a few years ago, and we both thought the particular investment had fallen through. We lost touch many years back. Now it looks like there may be a payout.
I know how to find him.
Butch Patterson-Private Dick

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You can search for him in newspapers. That would turn up an obit if he's passed on. Your location says Calgary so go to http://calgarypubliclibrary.com/cgi-bin/databases/e_library.html and put in your card number to log in (or I think you can do this in a branch if you don't have a card) and then scroll down to "Canadian Newsstand / Canadian Business and Current Affairs / CBCA Full Text" and then search in there. For most things it will return entire articles, but sometimes for obits it'll just have the date and page number and the you have to go pull the microfiche of it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
kat_ said:
You can search for him in newspapers. That would turn up an obit if he's passed on. Your location says Calgary so go to http://calgarypubliclibrary.com/cgi-bin/databases/e_library.html and put in your card number to log in (or I think you can do this in a branch if you don't have a card) and then scroll down to "Canadian Newsstand / Canadian Business and Current Affairs / CBCA Full Text" and then search in there. For most things it will return entire articles, but sometimes for obits it'll just have the date and page number and the you have to go pull the microfiche of it.
...stalker

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kat_ said:
He's never lived in Calgary. Originally from small town outside of Edmonton.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
He's never lived in Calgary. Originally from small town outside of Edmonton.
That doesn't matter. The site I linked to searches all major Canadian newspapers. I just posted the Calgary Library link because if you're Calgarian then it's the easiest was for you to access it.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kat_ said:
That doesn't matter. The site I linked to searches all major Canadian newspapers. I just posted the Calgary Library link because if you're Calgarian then it's the easiest was for you to access it.
Well I took your advice sort of. I called the Paper in Mayerthorpe and I have some leads. His Mom and Dad's names. I think I've found his mom's sister in Mayerthorpe, hopefully get her on the phone some time today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts