The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guitars seem to be $100 or more to ship to a buyer stateside. Amps are even more. This is through the usual suspects. For example UPS soaked me $114 plus $25 for insurance to get a guitar to Nashville. I checked CanadaPost and it would have been even more. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Expedited parcel through Canada Post, thats the way I do it. It runs around the $40 mark, give or take depending on location. 7 to 12 business days delivery. You could go Xpresspost at within 5 days delivery but it bumps up the price about $30 more.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
If you're going to ship internationally, it's probably best to avoid UPS over the other vendors. Their international brokerage fees are close to twice that of other couriers and much less than Canada Post.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Canada Post Expedited

Canada Post Expedited seems to be the best option. I didn't realize how bumping up to Express Post really increases the price of shipping just to get it there a few days sooner.

Thanks everyone.

UPS is a total rip-off IMO.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I use canada post. if someone wants it shipped ups, they can pay the insane price for that but I usually discourage it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Canada Post Expedited seems to be the best option. I didn't realize how bumping up to Express Post really increases the price of shipping just to get it there a few days sooner.
.... or later.

I ship a LOT and Expedited Parcel will beat Xpresspost to the USA almost all the time, on the west coast at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts