The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
That鈥檚 not real thanksgiving real thanksgiving involves turkeys
We have turkeys in October.

It's weird that yours is in late November.

Also WTF with Canadian retail industry trying to make "black friday" a thing here. Stop.

Registered
And here I was thinking that Thanksgiving involved giving thanks for what you have during a dinner in the evening.

And then of course you wake up the next morning for absolute mayham at Walmart. You are prepared to fight someone for that flatscreen TV you saw on the flyer.

So to sum it up, Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for what you have, and then wanting to kill someone the next day for what you don鈥檛 have.

Registered
2016 Gibson Les Paul Special LTD.... 2019 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Tobacco
And here I was thinking that Thanksgiving involved giving thanks for what you have during a dinner in the evening.

And then of course you wake up the next morning for absolute mayham at Walmart. You are prepared to fight someone for that flatscreen TV you saw on the flyer.

So to sum it up, Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for what you have, and then wanting to kill someone the next day for what you don鈥檛 have.
The 'Merican Way.
If i had it my way, Natives like myself would be guests of honour at a European table and partake in your thanking and dining馃榾 Now thats reconciliation.馃槀 I'll wear my regalia and feathers for the Tiktok video and Instagram photos.馃ぃ

Registered
The 'Merican Way.
If i had it my way, Natives like myself would be guests of honour at a European table and partake in your thanking and dining馃榾 Now thats reconciliation.馃槀 I'll wear my regalia and feathers for the Tiktok video and Instagram photos.馃ぃ
Best idea I've heard all day.

Registered
1988 Ovation Elite 1758, 2009 Gibson Flying V Faded Cherry, Edwards Esquire, Marshall DSL 40 CR
I celebrated by pouring a litre of gravy over my mashed potatoes and admiring the Fall colours during my favourite season because it was October.

Spell check be damned if it wants the American spelling over Canadian..

Premium Member
The 'Merican Way.
My grandpas mom showed up to her first thanksgiving with a big fat dead rabbit and handed it to my grandpas dad and said 鈥渉ere ya go鈥.

That was her idea of thanksgiving. Every year, taking my grandpas, my moms and then my rabbit out to a wooded block and killing it and cooking it lol.

I鈥檝e decided that rather than celebrating thanksgiving, when I have kids, I鈥檓 going to go out to the Mandarin and celebrate Hiroshima. I鈥檓 going to teach my kids how to celebrate genocide with panache.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts