The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
That's sad. I can't see how that is an upgrade at all. To each his/her own I guess.

·
Premium Member
13,216 Posts
Project guitar, definitely. Case is nice though,

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
How an someone can do this to a guitar?

Doing it is one thing. Having the nerve to try and pawn it off on someone as an upgrade?

Looks like he used a die grinder to remove the finish.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Excellent neck mod.
Superb paint and body work.
Obviously done by a very talented luthier.

I do, however, find the way he has hung the guitar sideways from the floor a bit disconcerting ...

:smile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hahaha I saw one where someone re-painted a Jackson Warrior, somehow put a butcher knife in one of the corners and called it an upgrade also on ebay.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The shims sticking out of the front of the neck pocket do not suggest good things. First there is a lot of them and second normally you shim to the rear to change neck angle. Looks like a homespun job. But I will agree it's a nice case...

sorry Robert1950.... I just had to..

·
Registered
788 Posts
it could easily be setup to be a good player i suppose, the dude obviously should not beworking on his own guitars tho :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
If he thru in the original neck I would grab it, case and all. Put a buff and shine on it and keep it for experimental purposes. :sport-smiley-002:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a guitar mag somewhere that has an article on this guy who sells telecasters (I think) with no finish and with varying levels of minor cosmetic body damage. They look really sweet though.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a guitar mag somewhere that has an article on this guy who sells telecasters (I think) with no finish and with varying levels of minor cosmetic body damage. They look really sweet though.
The problem is not just the finish part, but look how he fix the neck...look little crappy! I treat my guitar like a baby, maybe I'm extrem but there's a soul in that beautiful piece of wood. What he did it's like sandblast a friend...

·
Registered
31 Posts
The problem is not just the finish part, but look how he fix the neck...look little crappy! I treat my guitar like a baby, maybe I'm extrem but there's a soul in that beautiful piece of wood. What he did it's like sandblast a friend...
oh yeah, no question that that guitar is a piece of :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts