The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How many of you have house plants?
I have a few a couple of them are not at my place at the moment lol.
I have some type of tree growing in my living room . It looks nice in behind my old Mesa

Around twelve Pilea peperomioides most in one pot . It’s at work waiting to get some seedlings removed . The big pile is about 3 years old .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another Pilea peperomioides that is going to be a wedding gift in August .
a Christmas cactus that was given to me by my coworker

And a vine plant given to me as a Christmas gift today from my old neighbours
I need to let it root before planting .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
I have quite a few. I have always loved having plants. I have a beautiful as well garden spring, summer and fall.

It's a labor of love.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,414 Posts
You certainly have a very broad definition of 'house plants.'
Never mind broad, that thing was 12 feet tall at the parking lot christmas tree place. I said dude, no one's gonna buy that fucker, cut it in half and I'll give you 20 bucks for it. He said 25 - I said OK done ... lol.

·
Premium Member
11,530 Posts
We kill most of our plants. I keep trying to grow pepper plants but they never live longer than a few weeks.
The ones that have survived are an orchid, an avocado tree that I grew from a pit left over from some guacamole I made, and 1-2 others who's names I don't know.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
We have all kinds of plants, aloe. cacti ,ivy ,ferns ,jade etc,
Wife has a green thumb.
She could grow a tree on a rock .

·
Premium Member
26,627 Posts
I've brought planters in from the deck for the winter, but these aren't "house plants", as such, but edibles (basil, rosemary, chives, stevia, and an ever-bearing strawberry plant). Unfortunately, the only place I can locate them that has sufficient light is the sliding door to the deck, which is both cold and also where my wife insists on leaving the washing-machine door wide open (regularly pressing the branches up against the cold sliding door). I'd like to build some stands or corner shelves for the staircase landing, which is both sunny and warm (and has no washing machine), in hopes of encouraging a little more greenery in the house.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I would suggest full spectrum LED lights but dang they're pricey, not to mention the neighbours start to think you are running a grow-op

1 - 20 of 27 Posts