The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Hopefully he's ok

1K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  vadsy 
#1 ·
I recently sold an expensive guitar to a fellow forumite. I always track the package to see that it makes its destination ok, then I follow up with the buyer, sending an email, or in this case I sent a text as we had been texting each other.
I sent a text asking that they got the guitar ok. I never heard one word back. They left no feedback. The guitar had to be signed for and looking at the tracking info it shows me the signature and I see that it was received by a woman's name, so not the buyer that I had been talking with on the phone. Probably his wife.
I was just thinking about this and hope nothing bad happened.
I see that his profile only has 3 messages, so maybe he only checks the buy and sell but you think he would have answered a text to confirm all is well.
This was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I still have the receipt for the shipping that I normally throw out by now. Don't know if I should hang on to it a little longer. I can't imagine that he wouldn't have communicated if he didn't personally get the guitar yet.

#10 ·
As far as I know, as far as you posted an item and you have the proof you did, it then belongs to buyer. The carrier is then responsible to deliver to buyer. If the carrier has a proof he delivered as he shows it, the receiver becomes fully responsible.
If you cannot get any news, keep proof you did your part and carrier delivered.
If you have no news after one month (inside Canada), the buyer is uninterested...
(or he became unable to take care of his business...)
But, it would at least interesting how he liked the guitar or not...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.