The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 21 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold an expensive guitar to a fellow forumite. I always track the package to see that it makes its destination ok, then I follow up with the buyer, sending an email, or in this case I sent a text as we had been texting each other.
I sent a text asking that they got the guitar ok. I never heard one word back. They left no feedback. The guitar had to be signed for and looking at the tracking info it shows me the signature and I see that it was received by a woman's name, so not the buyer that I had been talking with on the phone. Probably his wife.
I was just thinking about this and hope nothing bad happened.
I see that his profile only has 3 messages, so maybe he only checks the buy and sell but you think he would have answered a text to confirm all is well.
This was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I still have the receipt for the shipping that I normally throw out by now. Don't know if I should hang on to it a little longer. I can't imagine that he wouldn't have communicated if he didn't personally get the guitar yet.

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
I have sold a few guitars and amps over the years and the buyer has disappeared. As recently as a few months ago. Some $$$$ stuff too. After I get the delivery notification I pretty much stop worrying.

·
Premium Member
17,302 Posts
Although it is a normal thing to do, there is real sense in worrying as you have done all that can be expected.

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
If people aren't getting emails when they get pms, there's a good chance he doesn't know you pmd him, especially if he rarely logs in.
Pretty sure he texted him on his phone. No reply to that is odd unless he's a Luddite like me.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty sure he texted him on his phone. No reply to that is odd unless he's a Luddite like me.
Yes we talked on the phone before I shipped then I texted to his cell.
I doubt anyone knows him as he only has 3 posts on the forum. Probably all in Buy and sell but I didn't check. His id is weslow.
I know that he most likely has the guitar and there is no problem. I usually like to hear from anyone I sell to just as a confirmation that the deal was fully satisfactory to them. Even if they don't leave feedback.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
As far as I know, as far as you posted an item and you have the proof you did, it then belongs to buyer. The carrier is then responsible to deliver to buyer. If the carrier has a proof he delivered as he shows it, the receiver becomes fully responsible.
If you cannot get any news, keep proof you did your part and carrier delivered.
If you have no news after one month (inside Canada), the buyer is uninterested...
(or he became unable to take care of his business...)
But, it would at least interesting how he liked the guitar or not...

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
As far as I know, as far as you posted an item and you have the proof you did, it then belongs to buyer. The carrier is then responsible to deliver to buyer. If the carrier has a proof he delivered as he shows it, the receiver becomes fully responsible.
If you cannot get any news, keep proof you did your part and carrier delivered.
If you have no news after one month (inside Canada), the buyer is uninterested...
(or he became unable to take care of his business...)
But, it would at least interesting how he liked the guitar or not...
I believe this is about the buyers health.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe this is about the buyers health.
Yes definitely that is my concern. Right before he bought the guitar we had a great chat on the phone and he seemed like a really nice guy. So I thought it was odd that he didn't answer my text when I asked about the guitar. Of course I hope its either he lost his phone or just didn't want to bother responding rather than something bad happened. He didn't seem like the kind of guy that wouldn't bother responding.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe the wife signed for the guitar, unpacked it then killed him with the said guitar once he got home !!! :eek:

Always worried that's gonna happen to me someday !!! ;)
This is a possibility. I know I had to wait a couple of days for payment (which I gladly agreed to do) as he was brokering a deal on another expensive guitar. So maybe the purchase of mine sent the wife over the edge. :D

·
Premium Member
17,302 Posts
Yes definitely that is my concern. Right before he bought the guitar we had a great chat on the phone and he seemed like a really nice guy. So I thought it was odd that he didn't answer my text when I asked about the guitar. Of course I hope its either he lost his phone or just didn't want to bother responding rather than something bad happened. He didn't seem like the kind of guy that wouldn't bother responding.
This explains a lot.

Looks like he just joined earlier this year and is from Sherbrooke. Hopefully one of the other Sherbrooke members such as @traynor_garnet might know him.
Hopefully, some good potential here.

·
Premium Member
4,172 Posts
I just checked his profile. He is new not even 1 month here. So he probably is unaware of how things go here in GC. He's also from Sherbrooke, maybe someone knows him from there as I know there are folks here from Sherbrooke.

1 - 21 of 35 Posts