The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one ever play an hondo guitar . We were talking before about guitar and I know they were way over price . I know I don’t need one but I do miss having an es335 style guitar around . Buddy that has the lado has an old 83 hondo . It’s sunburst es335 with case . He quoted $350 with case a few years back . He doesn’t advertise his stuff so chances is it’s still there . I don’t have an exact picture of his . Like I said it’s been two years
this one is like his but his is a hondo deluxe 395 I believe . I think it had gold hardware . Beside having old rusty strings it was playable . I believe it to be Korean made . It’s a set neck not bolt on . Let me know what you think and if any of you ever played one . I know it doesn’t have the fancy inlay that I like but you can’t play the finish of your guitar . Any how thanks in advance .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,563 Posts

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
These were to be avoided when I was growing up oggling guitars.

Early offerings from Korea, they were still in the learning curve.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Had a solid body Hondo some time in the early '90s. It is the only guitar that I wish I had never bought. And I did it via mail order (big mistake). Never again.

If you are looking for something in the 335 vein, check out the Epiphone 335 (around $600 brand new). For a $100 more, there is the Ibanez Artcore Vintage. Both are nice guitar for the price.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a solid body Hondo some time in the early '90s. It is the only guitar that I wish I had never bought. And I did it via mail order (big mistake). Never again.

If you are looking for something in the 335 vein, check out the Epiphone 335 (around $600 brand new). For a $100 more, there is the Ibanez Artcore Vintage. Both are nice guitar for the price.
I guess I can play a few epiphones there minght be one with a neck profile I might like . I really like the look if these
but I’m not a fan of p90s

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I owned one a number or years ago similar to the one pictured but mine was red. Paid $125 with a hard case. The case was the best part. Pretty crappy guitar.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Find a MIK Epiphone, by the time they were building these in the late '90s, they had come into their stride and were making nice instruments.

I have two now, a Supernova from the '90s and a Sheraton from the early 2000s, both really nice guitars that didn't break the bank.

·
Premium Member
17,202 Posts
Find an epi dot and away you go.

Reactions: vadsy

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
I I had a dot studio back when . The neck was too big I see they have a 335 pro for a decent price

thats crazy, I had a regular Dot and I found it to be one of the smaller necks I've ever had on one of my guitars. I believe you, I know these things change

1 - 20 of 20 Posts