The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trash Frankencaster
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long long time ago I realized that any sound that I was going to use had to be created through headphones or small studio monitor because I knew that I would be an apartment dweller in an urban environment.
good by the Dual Showman and Marshall stack.
Ages ago I discovered the Digitech GSP 1101 Preamp processor and used it for years, happily going about my business and then technology got a bump-de-bump-de-bump-bump city
and amp modeling really took off along with speaker/cab modeling.
I liked what I new about Strymon and had their DECO pedal, and loved it.
Along came the Iridium pedal and I was sold. Bought it with a no questions ask return policy, tried it, and kept on using it. It now has a permeant space in my heart and studio,.
Three basic amp models, Fender, Vox, & Marshall, and it accepts speaker/cab i.r.s .
Living with out amps , real amps is not a drawback at this time for me. And my neighbors dig me.
Now I know about, Lou Reeds "MAKE BELIEVE LOVE". I found it in the magic land of (sprinkling faire dust)
Faux Electric Guitar Amplifiers.

Font Art Rectangle Brand Number

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
It’s nice to utilize digital solutions.
I like to combine the old with the new in ways that work for me.

guitar > digitital deluxe reverb > real mic > real preamp >digital preamp > digital plug ins > digital recording software etc

A lot can be done with just headphones and some good inputs.

·
Premium Member
Trash Frankencaster
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s nice to utilize digital solutions.
I like to combine the old with the new in ways that work for me.

guitar > digitital deluxe reverb > real mic > real preamp >digital preamp > digital plug ins > digital recording software etc

A lot can be done with just headphones and some good inputs.
I champion not analog nor digital. actual as opposed to modeled,
ensemble recording or tracking one instrument at a time, as Stewart Brand said if it works put it in the catalogue.
Hawker Building Retail T-shirt Trade

1 - 3 of 3 Posts