The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Apparently the guy said 'kill me' as they pulled him out of the van to arrest him. White dude, so either rather dim-witted right wing extremist or a plain old nutter.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Why didn't they just shoot this piece of shit down. I guess cause he wasn't a kid on a street car in mental distress that posed no immediate danger to anyone.

·
Premium Member
17,161 Posts
Why didn't they just shoot this piece of shit down. I guess cause he wasn't a kid on a street car in mental distress that posed no immediate danger to anyone.
The van wouldnt have stopped if they just shot the driver.

This is terrible. Hoping no one copycats.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
The van wouldnt have stopped if they just shot the driver.

This is terrible. Hoping no one copycats.
No I'm talking about when the driver was walking towards the cop holding his cell phone out trying to get the cop to shoot him. Cop should have filled his request.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
No I'm talking about when the driver was walking towards the cop holding his cell phone out trying to get the cop to shoot him. Cop should have filled his request.
I'd rather he spend a long time in a tiny little windowless cell rotting over what he did. Death is an easy out.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I'd rather he spend a long time in a tiny little windowless cell rotting over what he did. Death is an easy out.
This is Canada. Insane plea followed by 2 years treatment in a mental facility, followed by release and anonymity to protect his privacy.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
i used to work at the corner of Yonge and finch before I moved home to Halifax. Terrible thing to have happened.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
This is Canada. Insane plea followed by 2 years treatment in a mental facility, followed by release and anonymity to protect his privacy.
I doubt it. Plus, killing him could mean less information if he’s part of a larger plot or something. The cop was bang on and did a fantastic job.

·
Premium Member
17,161 Posts
Yes because knee-jerk reactions are definitely the best possible idea in this scenario. This man totally deserves to die a quick death instead of facing what he's done and the (flawed) justice system of Canada. The cop definitely should have ignored all of his training and acted purely on emotional response, because that's how I always want Canadian police officers to operate.

Definitely.

L

·
0 Posts
And put the cop through inquiries and media bashing?
The officer did what he was trained to do.
Hopefully the perp will be put in the general population in prison.
He'll be dealt with there.

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Just saw the video of the police officer keeping his cool and not shooting the suspect when he reached in his pocket really fast and pretending to have a gun.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Apparently another lost soul... sad, very sad.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
I doubt it. Plus, killing him could mean less information if he’s part of a larger plot or something. The cop was bang on and did a fantastic job.
Agree. And interesting to hear someone, anyone, call for police violence and heavier-handed response, when that's a major issue all over the continent right now. Kinda abhorrent, and completely antithetical to both secular western values (due process etc) and Abrahamic/biblical values.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
A former student of mine is working in TO now and had just entered the Starbucks nearby when the van went by.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
That cop has nerves--and balls--of steel. When the guy was moving to his waistband like he was going to draw on him, it must have been very hard to keep his head.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts