The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
That's pretty intense. Stuff like that makes me want to stop playing altogether. He was getting some way wild sound going, wasn't he?

And then it makes me want to start playing, but for keeps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It might sound odd, seeing that i'm posting on a guitar forum, but I can't listen to music with overly dominant guitar (hendrix, buchanan, satriani, johnson, dragonforce, etc).

I guess that's why the quiz's tell me i'm adam jones with a les paul..

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Roy's "power trio" stuff. I saw him at the Phoenix (in Toronto) with that line-up I beleive. I don't think I stuck around for the whole show.

That being said, I saw Roy at the Alberts Hall pub in the mid-80's and it was one of the best guitar performances that I've ever witnessed. Also saw a very cool show at the Horseshoe in the same era.

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
That being said, I saw Roy at the Alberts Hall pub in the mid-80's and it was one of the best guitar performances that I've ever witnessed.
Albert's Hall at the Brunswick, right? I was there. Knock out show.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Albert's Hall at the Brunswick, right? I was there. Knock out show.
That's the place. He was just playing with some local guys that time...can't remember if it was in '85 or '86. I'd never heard of him before, but another guitar player from my office convinced me to check him out.

He really inspired me to get into the pinch harmonics, in fact I tended to over-use them for a few years after :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rip Roy

Without a doubt Roy Buchanon was one of the greats,so much so The Rolling Stones tried to recruit him to which he turned them down as he never liked the limelight.
Roy was astounded upon seeing the first Wah Wah as he had been doing that sound with his hands!
A true legend and a tortured soul,check out his live album Livestock:rockon2:

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
Must have been shot in Canada.
That's the the only place I can think of that would have a hockey stick headstock Telecaster!!!! :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts