The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering buying a Dot-On-Shaft"Eagle" guitar, not becuase it was a great guitar(i could see from the guitar pcture where the paint finish was cheap looking), but it had a nice mother of pearl inlay of an eagle(I collect eagles). Well, I was basically very barely about to spend 499.00 US dollars for the guitar, when I went on EBAY to check . The guitar is now 899.00 now. WTF? prices raised 100% i one month? I dont get it. :eek: :confused-smiley-010

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Get ready for prices to rise across the board due to the weak US$. Appearently FMIC is about to raise its prices 25% across all brands............

·
Registered
28 Posts
Retail Prices

Hello there,

Those price changes you see are the Retail Prices. We are still in the stages of fixing all our prices to be permanent.

If you want the best prices just shoot us an email......HUGE DISCOUNTS when dealing direct.

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Sorry Gerald,

If you write me direct [email protected] I'll sell you any guitar for a huge discount. Thanks for bringin up the price change etc......I have to look into this and decide what to do.

We are a new company, and when I thought I would be selling to Stores, I had to raise the prices to Retail......this would attract stores to buy from me Wholesale and sell at profit. but I'm starting to Re-think my strategy, and keep my Guitars only for MY Store...and ON-line...in doing this, I'm able to keep my Guitars at much Better prices. So in a week to two weeks you will see prices dropping dramatically.
In your case if it's not too late, I'll sell you the Eagle at 499usd , Case and Shipping Included.
Peace
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
greenwood_woo said:
They look like toys :D
You mean that in a good way, right?

I build, import and sell guitars, and I would have to say that DotOnShaft is going to be a pretty serious player in the North American market in the next year or two. (Not to take anything away from their current status).

I just had a look at the Eagle guitar on the DotOnShaft Website, and I don't see anything cheap about the paint on that guitar at all.

As Mike has hinted towards (but did not state), larger US companies protect their channels making it almost impossible for smaller Canadian companies to get their foot in the door of local Canadian Music Stores. You can imagine how hard it is to sell instuments to players if they can't actually play it before they buy it. DotOnShaft is a Canadian guitar company, and this is a Canadian Guitar Forum, you should be supporting these guys.

I hope Gerald buys the Eagle and reports back on the quality of the guitar that he gets. I'm sure the finish will not be cheep, and that Mike will look after him as he obviously takes pride in his company and the products he provides.

I don't think he would get the same experience from any large corporate guitar vendor, do you?

Think about it.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Just because a company is CDN doesnt mean we should buy their stuff. If he doesnt like the guitars, then he doesnt like the guitars. Thats why there are so many companies in such a small market because everyone doesnt like the same things...................

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That's the kind of toy's I like to play with. Nice looking doubleneck, a tele and LP all in one. There are some nice looking guitars at Dot on Shaft, just wish there was a way to demo them before making the leap....

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
PaulS said:
That's the kind of toy's I like to play with. Nice looking doubleneck, a tele and LP all in one. There are some nice looking guitars at Dot on Shaft, just wish there was a way to demo them before making the leap....
There just might be a 'brick & mortar' Dot On Shaft store in the near future - in Barrie, ON. Hopefully Mike can update us on that :)
In the mean time, here are a couple of my DoS toys...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dot On Shaft Store

Hey Joe and the rest of the gang:) we are moved in now. Barrie Ontario! wow, I can't believe it, i'm here....I love BARRIE, always loved BARRIE and now made it my home!

WE are in a small building which will be our new Store. It will take approx till June to make this store READY for public. However, if anybody ever wants to come up this way before i open, I'll be happy to show them and allow them to play any guitar:) just let me know ahead of time. I have over 500 Guitars in stock.

all the best, will be in NAMM show till Jan 24th:)

peace
Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank You for the compliment:) all I can say is yes we are Canadian, and no we dont expect all Canadians to show support. We do thank the Canadians and everyone on the Planet as we have customers now all over the world. Thank you to all that support us, and we continue to try our best to make this company grow!!

The Eagle Guitar is not a cheap paint job, quite the opposite. And Pat Savage is now endorsing our company with his proud Eagle Guitar:) I'll have photos of it up on my website soon:) OFF to NAMM tomorrow for a few days:)

Peace brothers,
mike

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm gonna have to make a trip up to Barrie in a bit I guess. I've been eyeing your guitars for a while now but I like to play before I buy. So ya gonna have a nice grand opening sale in June?!??!?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hey Pat if it's one of my days off I'd probably go with you... some nice looking stuff, be worth giving them a try out....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts