The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hoping someone on here can help me. My dad plays bass and is a lefty. His birthday is coming up and my mom said he really wants a hollow bass. Ive been doing research but just cant seem to understand the difference between hollow body, semi hollow and acoustic bass guitars. It also seems that left handed hollow bodies are almost nonexistant so wondering if he would be just as happy with a semi hollow and any suggestions what to look for. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I think you can rule out acoustics. As a bass player, if he wanted an acoustic he would have called it that, rather than saying 'hollow'.
Some others here may have recommendations as far as hollow or semi-hollow body basses.

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
Reactions: troyhead

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mom says hollow bass , but there's too much room for misunderstanding . Could you ask one of Dad's musician friends or bandmates ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mom says hollow bass , but there's too much room for misunderstanding . Could you ask one of Dad's musician friends or bandmates ?
Semi hollow is good! The one above is sold out. I found another one and ordered it and was immediately refunded as the company is not making them anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts